All reviewsadelaide roomother gueststhe main housecream cheesenext morningwonderful hostsmystic seaportlots of historyown bathroommohegan sungame room with poolchampagne toastb bsfirst floorbreakfast was deliciousfresh fruitcarol
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hosts, convivial atmosphere, wonderful breakfast, full of character. My only criticism of the Inn would be slightly musty smelling towels. However this is a very old property and its character, wonderful social breakfasts and location massively outweigh the criticism.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hello this is Cheryl Andros, I wanted to thank Ted and Carol for a trip I'll never forget. Ted and Carol are two of the nicest people I've ever met! To me they became like Family and we are going back . By no means is the Inn dirty and I am a clean fanatic! It's beautiful inside and out.

I can't wait to go back. God Bless you both Carol and Ted! and see you soon.Cheryl and Dave Andros. I know David wrote another review just as good but, I wanted to write one of my own.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank androscheryl
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We spent the weekend at Captains Grants and can’t wait to go back. The innkeepers, Ted and Carol made us feel right at home. Ted greeted us at our car when we arrived and got us settled. We met Carol a bit later and she was incredibly gracious. They recommended a wonderful place for us to have dinner and arranged for us to get a free dessert.

For the next three days we had fantastic breakfasts. Carol and Bob are intelligent people who kept interesting conversation going and made sure no one was left out. We ended up sitting around for several hours just talking every morning. Our room had a guide they made up with a wealth of information: places of interest, recommend restaurants, even the cheapest places to get gas. I grew up in Connecticut and had no idea there was so much to see in the area.

The 1700’s era B&B is beautifully restored. It was very clean and the rooms are lovely. Carol and Ted bent over backwards to make sure everyone was taken care of and happy. They made us feel like family, only better.

I cannot recommend Captain Grants enough. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: check out their website and the 360 tour
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara D
Reviewed September 27, 2013

we stayed at this B&B for 14 days as we were there for family affairs. We were very comfortable staying there, oh my gosh the bed was so comfortable. The Inn is very clean and the breakfasts were fantastic. Felt like we were visiting family. The Inn Keepers, Ted and Carol, were very nice and we had many good conversations with them. Looking forward to our return visit in December.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Virginia LB B
Reviewed September 27, 2013

What a wonderful B&B. My wife and I stayed for 2 nights and did not want to leave. Carol and Tad are such beautiful and trusting people. The first night we had the entire Inn to ourselves as the owners do not stay in the Inn themselves. So we did a little Ghost Hunting and snapped a mess of pictures in the Inn and out back in the lost hidden cemetery and got tons of photos loaded with Orbs and Mists.

The breakfast's where AWESOME and the interesting thing is that Carol and Tad actually sit down to breakfast with the guests.

We highly recommend this B&B and are planning on returning. Close to the Casino's and Mystic.

Highly recommend this B&B