“This is Not your typical B & B!”

Roseledge Country Inn and Farm Shop
Ranked #2 of 3 Preston B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 16, 2007

My husband and I were deeply disappointed in this place. The rooms pictures on the website are not what you get! We booked for our 30th anniversary and when we got there we didn't even stay! We have stayed in plenty of B & B's mostly booked from Select Registry and this was awful! We paid for the 2 nights and walked out the door and found another place to stay. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has stayed at a Select Registry B & B!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank SeasonedTraveler55
roseledgefarm, Owner/Innkeeper at Roseledge Country Inn and Farm Shop, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2007

We understand that that not every B&B guest and B&B are a 100% match, and make every effort to be sure that we meet our guests expectaions. I recall this young couple very well, as we had a nice conversation before they left for Foxwoods casino. In fact I was concerned when I realized they had not returned from the casino and called thier cell phone to be sure they were o.k. She explained they had meet up with some friends whom they had not seen in a long time and were invited to stay with them at the casino as they had a suite there. It was late and so she said she did not want to call and wake us. How nice for them was my reply and said that if they were ever in the area again I would give them two nights free loding during the week. They said they were happy with that and made their good byes. I'm surprised they would post this comment as never was there an indication that they were not happy with our accomadations.

There are newer reviews for Roseledge Country Inn and Farm Shop

Reviewed July 17, 2007

Gail and Sandy made us feel like family, but without having to clean up after breakfast! What a pleasure to stay at a B&B who's gardens and food are like our own! Everything was perfect, right down to the champagne for our anniversary. This was a very memorable stay that we plan on repeating.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chimay47
Reviewed October 21, 2006

My boyfriend and I just returned from a relaxing weekend from the Roseledge Herb B&B. I was very impressed with the fresh baked goods made daily. However, breakast was the same for the two mornings we were there. The John Meech room was both cozy and romantic with the down-feather bed, fire place and jacuzzi tub. The price was reasonable for the area. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2006

My boyfriend & I stayed at Roseledge for two nights, and what a wonderful place to stay it was!! It was our first experience at a B&B and it was just magnificent!! The lovely scenery, great hospitality, and awesome cooking/baking!!! I highly suggest going to Duffy's Tavern in RI (don't worry Gail will give you directions) & Newport, RI - wonderful New England Villages. They even got a birthday cake for my boyfriend's birthday - HOW NICE!! We miss it already!! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blondifromhart
Reviewed July 4, 2006

What a wonderful treat! I had worked all week in CT and was exhausted by the time I arrived at Roseledge. To say that I was completely rejuvenated by the next morning is an understatement. Gail's hospitality, wonderful home baked treats and comfortable accommodations were just what we needed. My husband said it was the best breakfast he ever had (and that's quite a compliment coming from him!). Thank you to Gail and Sandy for opening your home to us and our well-behaved four-legged "child".

• Stayed: June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Hammonton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 12, 2006

My husband and I recently spent 5 nights and the Roseledge Herb Farm B and B and had a wonderful relaxing time. Our room was large with a canopy bed and whirlpool tub in the bathroom. The home was approximently 300 years old and was furnished with antiques that complemented the decor. The artistic touches of the owners were present everywhere...in the delicious homemade breakfasts, the fresh flowers from the garden in every room, and beautiful bed and bath linens. What I especially liked was that we were asked what we wanted for breakfast and there were many choices. There was a definite effort made to accomodate our needs and desires. One night my husband and I stayed in to watch a movie on the dvd player and our host Gail brought us a lovely plate of fruit, cheese and crackers. Little gestures like that contributed to a wonderful vacation experience.

Reviewed June 3, 2006

The moment we walked in the door we were welcomed by Gail's graciousness, the house smelled so good, and the music was calming. Gail and Sandy are wonderful and knowledgeable hosts, and the breakfasts are delicious. Our room was so romantic; a bed with a canopy, a fireplace, candles, even chocolates on the bed and in the champagne glasses. Their attention to detail shows everywhere. They also have their own herb farm, roadside stand, and bee hive. My only suggestions to the couple would be to install a ramp or some easily maneuvered steps; the cobblestone is charming but could be difficult for some, and to mail reservation confirmation instead of relying on email. We stayed 2 nights and felt rejuvenated.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank luvreading63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville

Been to Roseledge Country Inn and Farm Shop? Share your experiences!