“Great Place for an Event”

Grill 37 Pomfret ct
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Pomfret
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Grill 37 is committed to using the freshest ingredients as possible. We use local products in our weekly specials but we are constantly looking for ways to incorporate local, CT grown food in our everyday menu. You can taste the difference! Everything is made from scratch at Grill 37. Our stocks, sauces, soups and breads are all made by hand.
Dayville, Connecticut
“Great Place for an Event”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Recently, I held my daughters wedding shower in the banquet facility of this restaurant. Everything was amazing. The room is surrounded by windows to give the light and airy feeling. The wait staff was wonderfully helpful and attentive. They couldn't do enough for us. I love the way they paid attention to detail. The food was absolutely delicious. Everything was homemade, even the chips. The price was extremely reasonable, as well. We even had access to the outside patio if needed. Everyone in attendance was impressed not only with the ambiance, but the food and display as well. Thank you 37 Grill for making my daughters wedding shower a delightfully, memorable event.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jackie I

scotland ct
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The empty parking should have been our first clue.........

The outside of the building is very attractive as you approach the front porch you are greeted my patrons smoking on the front steps next to the butt can.....classy....after you make your way thru the cloud do cigarette smoke you make it inside......only to be disappointed by the food.....

Will not return....

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank robingarden
Milwaukee
“Warmly Welcomed, Well Served”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The staff was wonderful ~ we were warmly welcomed and made to feel at home. Our waitress was especially great, maintaining a winning sense of humor while keeping her eye on the service ball (and some in our party were on the demanding side...). I'm not generally drawn to restaurants this size ~ it's certainly not cavernous, but my preference is small and intimate ~ but Grill 37 had a very cozy feel in its various rooms and tavern. I had sole with pasta, which may have sat a minute too long on the steam table, but was tasty. Seems to be loved and appreciated by locals. I would consider it a solid bet for a good meal and a place where one can relax and converse.

• Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Enjoyable first visit”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Dined late on a weekend evening. Other than a special event, I believe we were one of only three parties dining. We were seated right away in a quite little corner...very nice. Ambiance is excellent in a few of the rooms...we truly enjoyed the privacy and being out of the way of the special event and other parties. Service was good...average but good. We waited for our apps (two of which we learned they were out of after we ordered) drinks and for the bread but, once they had arrived, they were all very good.

Entrees were quite tasty. Mashed potatoes (I only had a taste) were very good but very salty...unusual in some ways. Steak was cooked perfectly to order and other entrees were very good as well...kudos to the chef!

All in all, a very good visit. I look forward to trying brunch and/or lunch as well at Grill 37. Prices on all but entrees seemed to be a bit high. Two cocktails = $17...ouch! Dinner for two of us (one cocktail each, no dessert and with gratuity) was $79. It was good...unfortunately, I don't think it was that good. But, we'll return to try it all again!

• Visited June 2014
Putnam, Connecticut
“Father's day fun”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Went to father's day brunch. It was a brunch menu which was great. I had the pulled pork crepe. Deliah. Lots of others had custom omelets and we all enjoyed the chocolate chip scones.

1 Thank cfalz