“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grill 37 Pomfret ct

Grill 37 Pomfret ct
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Pomfret
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Grill 37 is committed to using the freshest ingredients as possible. We use local products in our weekly specials but we are constantly looking for ways to incorporate local, CT grown food in our everyday menu. You can taste the difference! Everything is made from scratch at Grill 37. Our stocks, sauces, soups and breads are all made by hand.
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's so nice to have this restaurant back in business. The variety of items is great, from appetizers to full entrees (so much in between) with out being a gigantic menu. We've been several times for brunch and dinner and have always had a wonderful experience. the last time i went I had one of the specials, Flounder Francaise, the sauce was outstanding!!! Definitely worth a visit :)

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Shermie63

Dayville, Connecticut, United States
“DELICIOUS!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Before Grille 37, there was the Harvest. It mas favorite restaurant of all time until the owners changed hands. It made a swift decline after that until its closing. Enter Grille 37. The steaks are wonderful and I loved the vegetable medley. I had Coffee Creme Brulee for dessert that was just FABULOUS!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

2 Thank Monique R
East Lyme, Connecticut
“Beautiful new restaurant with great food and service...just the way we like it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We live a little bit over an hour away and have returned three times! I have limited space here to write but I will cut to the chase. Gorgeous historic building built in 1795. Write up in the beautiful foyer. We went again for the brunch today and was greeted and served with smiles. True smiles. Brunch was delicious, prompt and hot as was the coffee! Many choices with hot freshly made scones served with your coffee first! Today's were chocolate chips and melted in my mouth. Waitress introduced herself and was HAPPY, prompt and attentive without being a pest. She knew of what she spoke and described the specials to us. Choices were plenty and NOT small (my husband and I like a good size portion). We have a love of fireplaces and were NOT disappointed,we were seated by the cozy fireplace, again...it was so beautiful. We got our coffee right away and were left to peruse the Brunch menu (we don't like to be rushed and we were not made to feel rushed at all! NICE!) Since it's our third trip up there we have tried several brunch items. The breakfast burrito, eggs Benedict, poached eggs, scrambled and an omelet. We are kind of fussy about our eggs (who isn't :)? ) and every time we go they are perfect. We both have had the hash brown potatoes and love the way they prepare them. Cooked just right, like the eggs! We enjoyed our brunch and most certainly will return. I asked about the gazebo that was outside our window and was told that they have wedding ceremonies there and then the reception inside the ballroom. There are gardens all around the gazebo, it must be stunning place for a wedding. It's a large but still cozy, clean restaurant. Several dining areas most with working fireplaces (including the function room). Wide planked hard wood floors that shine. Very pretty. The prices were good! (happy about that!) Service was great as was the food, again. The waitress mentioned that they have on Wednesdays either live entertainment or an open mic night...so I believe we will be driving up again and going to take advantage of the early bird specials and stay for the live music. Yes, it's definitely WORTH the drive back.

“Great new place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have been there several times now. First, I love the atmosphere especially in the lounge area. It is elegant, yet relaxed and comfortable. Everyone one is super friendly and the food is delicious. My favorites are the eggplant dish and the black bean burger. There a lots of options for vegetarians on the menu. Also, the apple crisp is out of this world. As for pricing, there is a pretty good range on the menu, there are some high priced items but you can also get a very reasonable burger or sandwich. Their open mic night was super fun and I love that they have hard cider on tap (I am not a beer drinker) I am looking froward to trying the Sunday brunch menu. I highly recommend Grille 37.

Pomfret, Connecticut
“Coconut crusted fish n chips and gluten free chocolate torte!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've been to Grill 37 a few times since it opened this past fall. The first time I went I brought my 10 and 12 year old daughters. My daughters and I were greeted with a warm welcome and were treated royally. The prices are similar to other local establishments $45 total with drinks, meals, dessert and tip. The servers were attentive and friendly enjoying conversation started by my youngest. As we were leaving my older daughter said "I knew it would be fancy, but I didn't know it would be that fancy!"

Since that first visit I've brought many friends to check out the new place for events like the open mic on Wednesday nights held in the banquet hall. We've enjoyed dishes such as the coconut crusted fish and chips (my personal favorite), portabella fries, marinated seared tuna, grilled salmon, and the bacon burger. Oh, and don't miss the gluten free chocolate torte.

It is so nice to have a beautiful welcoming place to bring my daughters for our special nights out that provides pleasure for the palette as well as the soul.

I do have to say the bathroom was a bit chilly when we first went, but they've since bought a space heater which has fixed this.

• Visited December 2013