“Great new place!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Pomfret
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Grill 37 is committed to using the freshest ingredients as possible. We use local products in our weekly specials but we are constantly looking for ways to incorporate local, CT grown food in our everyday menu. You can taste the difference! Everything is made from scratch at Grill 37. Our stocks, sauces, soups and breads are all made by hand.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have been there several times now. First, I love the atmosphere especially in the lounge area. It is elegant, yet relaxed and comfortable. Everyone one is super friendly and the food is delicious. My favorites are the eggplant dish and the black bean burger. There a lots of options for vegetarians on the menu. Also, the apple crisp is out of this world. As for pricing, there is a pretty good range on the menu, there are some high priced items but you can also get a very reasonable burger or sandwich. Their open mic night was super fun and I love that they have hard cider on tap (I am not a beer drinker) I am looking froward to trying the Sunday brunch menu. I highly recommend Grille 37.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've been to Grill 37 a few times since it opened this past fall. The first time I went I brought my 10 and 12 year old daughters. My daughters and I were greeted with a warm welcome and were treated royally. The prices are similar to other local establishments $45 total with drinks, meals, dessert and tip. The servers were attentive and friendly enjoying conversation started by my youngest. As we were leaving my older daughter said "I knew it would be fancy, but I didn't know it would be that fancy!"

Since that first visit I've brought many friends to check out the new place for events like the open mic on Wednesday nights held in the banquet hall. We've enjoyed dishes such as the coconut crusted fish and chips (my personal favorite), portabella fries, marinated seared tuna, grilled salmon, and the bacon burger. Oh, and don't miss the gluten free chocolate torte.

It is so nice to have a beautiful welcoming place to bring my daughters for our special nights out that provides pleasure for the palette as well as the soul.

I do have to say the bathroom was a bit chilly when we first went, but they've since bought a space heater which has fixed this.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Grill 37 (named for their street number) is at the location formerly occupied by The Harvest. Their promos indicated they would be offering reasonably priced American fare, but the prices were on the high side ($150 total tab for two including two appetizers, a salad, two entrees, a dessert, bottle of wine and tip.) One entrée was quite good (filet), special was so so. Odd to charge extra for sauces. Friends loved all their appetizers and found steaks tender. Service was friendly and attentive, if a bit anxious (we were asked multiple times by multiple parties whether everything was okay.) Typical dessert choices.Limited but tolerable wine selection.

Atmosphere was nothing special, and somewhat undefined,but tables were far enough part to allow normal, private conversation. Hope they do well and continue to improve, as there are not a lot of fine dining opportunities in this part of northeastern CT. Not sure we will return, although might try their brunch.

1  Thank E B