“Nice view”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Nice view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We visited this place as the driver mentioned about luwak coffee, my favourite coffee. There are guides who explained about the luwak, the plants, and show various of coffees and teas. They offer luwak coffee of Rp. 50,000.- for a small cup and tester of various coffees and teas. We can enjoy the coffee while sitting in the patio with rice paddy field view. It was a nice view even though not so special for Indonesian. On the way out we have to go to the shop to pay the luwak coffee. The shop provide luwak coffee, tea, essential oils, herbs but price is expensive.

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dallas
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Coffee, tea, fruit and nature...gotta love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place wasn't on our list of things to do but our driver took us there and it was a nice diversion. The coffee and tea sipping was tasty and the cultural stories were great, beautiful views and coffee processing were a cool experience. We ended up purchasing lots of coffee, tea and fruit for friends and family. Nice attraction. Highly recommend.

Visited March 2013
new zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Interesting little place.. see how things grow..it's FREE!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We called in as a family group of 5, and found it really interesting. Our guide explained what the various trees and plants were. Have a look at cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa-pods, and many other things including coffee. See how it is dried, ground etc. Then free tasting of a range of coffees and teas, and chocolate. Very relaxed.
We had no pressure to buy. The shop is expensive and I suggest that you buy small packs, but even if you buy a "top of the range" 250 gm 180 thousand Rp pack, its less than $20 US and a cheap visit for an interesting experience. My guess is that much of the price goes back to the people there, so all good.
It IS expensive so consider it part donation or entrance fee.

BUT if you buy nothing the people here will still be polite and friendly

Visited July 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lovely Kopi Luwak coffee plantation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This little Kopi Luwak plantation in a relaxing setting about 20 minutes south of Bali is an enjoyable way to spend an hour or so. This site is more like a showroom featuring how their coffee is produced in a larger farm in the hills. Nonetheless it's an enjoyable walk through the garden and a chance to learn about growing techniques. Our hose spoke reasonable English and was happy to answer my questions about production, price, quantity and so on.

After the tour a whole range of teas and coffees and provided free along with some chocolate, in a lovely little pagoda facing on to a rice paddy. A cup of Kopi Luwak costs about $5 (Aus), a reasonable price compared to what you'd pay in Australia. At first I found it strong and a little bitter to taste but I enjoyed the drink and it left me with a little buzz afterwards.

There is a good range of products in the gift shop, and although I don't have much to compare it to as I didn't go shopping for coffee while I was in Bali, the prices did seem rather expensive

Visited July 2013
6 Thank Jarvis R
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Yes a tourist trap but worth a look”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Yes this place is a "tourist trap" but you'll probably get taken here like we did as part of a day trip to ubud. The drivers must get commission. In saying that, I still enjoyed the experience and seeing the leewak that process the coffee was interesting. We enjoyed tasting the tea and chocolate. Yeap it's just a powdered mix not a really high quality but we knew that and still enjoyed as they were yummy. And we bought some to take home with us as something unique from Bali. I haven't seen the flavors in Australia before and they will be nice for a treat (but they are a sugary treat not a health drink). We spent $50 in the gift shop and had some fun with it. The prices are up front. For the reviewers who went home and measured their purchases I'd say.....lighten up.

Visited June 2013