Tripadvisor

“Semar Kuning Resto”

Semar Kuning Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Lodtunduh
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A beautiful setting with very friendly service. Large menu with a good variety for vegetarians. Prices are not cheap so, I would say that the price range is on the upper end and geared for the tourist and not for the locals. This restaurant is like a perfect 'Welcome to Ubud' experience and it set a high standard right from the start. We enjoyed Aloo Bhaji, Greek salad, various mocktails and the lovely ambience of the place. Will visit here again.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed December 29, 2019

The restaurant was lovely! Beautiful layout and scenery, very friendly and helpful staff, and the food was great. Portion sizes were generous and it was good quality. The prices were very reasonable. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed December 17, 2019

Our driver took us here on the way from the airport. It was clear it's the sort of place that he got a kick back from for bringing us and every single person was a tourist. So it doesn't feel authentically Balinese. The food, however, was quite good and the setting is pretty and airy. The service was also pleasant. Enjoyed the welcome drink. I'm not sure I'd really want to go back again though. I'd give it a 3.5 if I could. Good, but not very good due to the inauthenticity.

Reviewed December 17, 2019

Pros: setting is pretty, food is fairly standard - nothing noteworthy

Cons: location out of the way and expensive for what you get. While paying for my parties dinner I was falsely told that my card had declined. I subsequently used another card to pay for the dinner. A couple of hours later I noticed that I had been charged twice by the restaurant, on two different cards. I subsequently called the restaurant manager and explained the situation. He was extremely rude and gave me a ridiculous lecture over the phone about how being charged twice was normal for US credit cards (I do not have a US credit card and I used a debit card for the transaction). His tone was really condescending and unhelpful. 8 days on and the second payment still hasn't been refunded to my account. Would avoid this place if possible, seems really dodgy.

Reviewed November 10, 2019

Both Veg and Non Veg food have Great Options....From Indian to Indonesian. Location is Perfect . Just Wow!!!!! Staff was Amazing.....

Awesome Food and Superb Staff!!!!......Must Visit Place