“Very Peaceful”
Review of Bali T House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lodtunduh
Bali T House
Ranked #3 of 5 Lodtunduh B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the lemon grass t house for 6 nights in June, 2013. We both had a wonderful time. If you are expecting a super comfortable 5 star residence this is not the place for you. The houses are reasonably priced, environmentally friendly, and you really feel like you are right in the middle of nature. The lemon grass house has a spectacular view of the rice fields. All manner of creepy crawlies and reptiles visited us during our stay which only added to the experience! The service from the workers there is first rate. We would highly recommend a massage in your house. Relaxing on the sun lounge, overlooking the rice fields, with the sounds of nature and running water in the background, as the ladies worked their magic fingers on you was bliss.
The houses are about a 10 minute drive from Ubud, but we really appreciated being away from the business of Ubud. Highly recommend. We will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 396peterc396

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights recently and loved T House especially Lemon Grass and the staff who felt like friends. The villa is huge and right on the edge of the rice fields. It's quiet (away from noise of the village outside) and relaxing. We loved the Balinese architecture and decor and the canopy bed. If you don't like nature this night not be for you (geckos, frogs, dogs, cats, bugs) but they don't hurt you. Make sure you have a massage or two from the magical fingers of Kadek and Komang, they are fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Karen1Cliffe
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked into the Earl Grey T House for 5 days in June, and I write this on the last night of our stay, sitting on our porch with a Bintang generally feeling pretty comfortable with life.

With one or two notable exceptions I would highly recommend this place.

Best bits:
- It really is very pleasant to be set out in a village with the rice fields just behind. Taking a swim as the sun goes down over them, with a meal and beer on the way is a very pleasant way to spend an evening
- the staff are very friendly and helpful
- the dinner provided by the staff is very good value, although rather limited in choice, so only consider it as a fallback option
- the houses are, for the most part; well looked after and well designed. The lack of aircon did not bother me, and I'm the type of person who really likes to sleep in the cool. Be warned, however, that all villas are not created equal, and although we liked our place, it was clearly not as well maintained or apportioned as some of the others.

Some of the less good bits:
- I had absolutely no problem with the wildlife noise, but I did object to the music being played fairly early in the morning by the neighbors. It's not surprising, as it is their home, just a little frustrating.
- It is a fair distance out of town, so if you do plan on spending time eating there or shopping, bear in mind that current standard prices for travel each way into town are in the region of US$4-5. Do that twice a day, and it starts to add up.
- As mentioned above, the quality at each villa is variable, so try and choose the villas which are more popular.

On the whole, we have enjoyed the flexibility of having a villa rather than a hotel/homestay, but it does have the drawbacks mentioned above. We would happily return, but we would make sure we had our first choice next time.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Ian R
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at the Rumah Manga T house- very spacious and excellent Balinese decor. Right next to the rice fields, it was a blissful serene setting each evening. Aren't very far out of town, and food is easily delivered to the complex. No shampoo, only soap included (this is a trend across Bali I've found). Breakfast was either banana pancakes or omelets, with fruit juice or fresh fruit- all options were delicious in our experience. A real highlight of our stay was getting Wayan to come to our villa for cooking classes. She is super friendly and will make anything with you, she is far less expensive than the in-town options and you have the comfort of taking your time with her and making whatever your heart desires. Really a very memorable experience for us!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank auroratoro
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We spent 1 week here at English Breakfast T House - 2 adults and 2 kids. We loved our time here. The T House was fantastic, right on the rice paddies. It was well equipped with 2 showers (one over bath), 2 bedrooms, both with queen beds and kitchen. It was nicely furnished and we especially enjoyed eating breakfast out on the deck in the morning. The showers and toilet are outdoors but felt very private.

The staff were lovely and very helpful. One of the girls would come into our kitchen each morning and cook us breakfast, any kind of eggs or banana pancakes. My kids particularly loved the pancakes. We also had 2 meals cooked by T House. If you order from the very well priced menu in the morning, they will deliver the meal to your room when required and it was very nice food. It was about 5-10 minute drive into town which wasn't really a problem, you just need to be a little bit organised and find yourself a driver. The pool was lovely, just outside our gate and my girls loved cooling off after a hot day out.

It was interesting to watch life going by our window and the locals seemed happy for us to walk amongst the rice paddies.

As mentioned in other reviews, there was certainly plenty of noises at night such as frogs, roosters etc but we found this added to the atmosphere and it didn't keep us awake. The nearby temple woke me most mornings with the music and chanting but it was very quiet and only lasted a few minutes. After that I went back to sleep. I sort of missed it once we left.

Don't be expecting to come here for 5 star accommodation or service. The staff were excellent and very helpful but there wasn't a "reception" as such and sometimes you had to look around for somebody to help you which wasn't a problem as we were never in a hurry. There are plenty of 'creatures' such as ants, frogs, lizards so make sure you are comfortable with this before you make a booking. They are all harmless and again, added to our stay. There is very little to see and do in the immediate area so you do have to travel into town but once you find a driver, this won't be a problem. I am happy to recommend to anyone if you want to message me.

Personally, I would love to stay here again and my kids had a very enjoyable time here as well.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank familyminato
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staying at a T house villa "Lemon Grass" was a highlight of our trip to Ubud.
Comfortable rooms, amazing surroundings, quiet atmosphere, kind and helpful personnel... Our overall experience was really excellent!
Laura

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura L
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent a wonderful two weeks at THouse. The views are beautiful. The staff are helpful, lovely, and very kind. My kids had a lot of fun playing in the pool and surrounding garden, and my husband and I enjoyed the gentle and relaxing atmosphere of Ubud.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family