“Great Surrounding, Average House Condition”
Review of Bali T House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lodtunduh
Bali T House
Ranked #3 of 4 Lodtunduh B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed on the Bali T House, on June 21st -24th 2012. Overall my stay was a pleasant experience, It has an awesome surrounding with very affordable price but the service and the condition of the house I rent, turned me off a little bit.

In the beginning, the booking is not that easy after all. When I was I nearly made payment and reservation of Lemon Grass, suddenly the manager said the house is not available and I must change my house selection. Then, i decided to stay in Earl Grey (the only house with 2 bed rooms left) and when I got there, the condition disappoint me. It was very dusty and the garden doesnt maintain properly. But however after few days, i was getting used to it and enjoy most of my moment here, the villa is very quiet and relaxing, Furthermore, it is very close to central ubud so, there is no issue with the location. The rice field, sound of nature and the atmosphere is just incredible.

These villas are right for anyone that needs hideaway, with very affordable price and awesome surrounding. Just go for it!

Room Tip: Pick any house that lies in front of the rice field (such as : oolong. lemon grass, villa jahe, engl...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AfifGunung
There are newer reviews for Bali T House

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We absolutely loved our stay in Ubud at the lovely Bali T House in a traditional village near Ubud. We chose Green T house for our 3 week holiday in the compound and we were immensely happy with our choice.. The booking process was efficient with the owner, and we found it to be overall superb value for money.
Firstly, we thoroughly enjoyed cooking our own meals in the villa.
After being on the road for 2 weeks this was a real treat to be able to stay in and enjoy this beautiful place without having to leave for meals. We also were impressed with the large selection of menus left in the villa and treated ourselves to some lovely take away meals from top restaurants in the area. Most deliver for a very small service charge and some times free.
The Wi-fi worked great for our Sykpe calls and our close proximity to the base station meant we always had a strong signal. The villa also provided a small speaker set, so we could enjoy some of our own music from our Ipad when we wished to.
The villa itself is very open plan, with a hint of Japanese style, coming with a unique table (that sinks into the floor!!),
Our favourite spot in the house was when sitting on a comfy settee on the veranda soaking up the swimming pool & rice paddy views.
The staff were overall very curtious and helpful, the lovely girls came in each morning to cut our fresh fruit and cook our breakfast choice of eggs. Omelette, poached or scramble breakfasts inside our villa.
We were very pleased that we had two very thorough information guest guides in the villa, one provided by the staff and one provided by the owner, which included many useful bits of information on what to do and pay for whilst in Bali. We learned so much!
Our villa was a quaint two-storey building. It had two double beds upstairs (with mosquito nets provided), separated by layers of curtains and silky flowing fabric with large ceiling fans that pleasantly push the air around, we did not require any air-con staying here.
We rented a motorbike from the staff at a good rate to explore the area and do our shopping.
Most enjoyable was watching the locals that continue to farm the paddy fields in front of the compound, at night we’d see them catching eels, day time numerous chores in planting and caring for the massive rice paddies that sprawled out all the way to Monkey forest. One enjoyable morning we spent walking all the way into Ubud town over the rice paddies, it took us about an hour, but made sure to go slow enough to enjoy the views and try not to fall into the mud. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bobby T
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We spent 15 days in Thouse Kaja house right on rice fields. The house is spacious enough for everyone to chill in their own space if needed. The best bit is it's like you are living in nature. Going to sleep each night with the sound of frogs was better than any meditation cd you can buy. We stayed with 2 kids the staff are just awesome they are happy to do anything for you but this is a testament to the people of Bali really. We also spent a lot of time with the people in the village. We will definitely be back to thouse.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The BaliThouse us a beautiful rural hideaway just outside Ubud. We split our time between Hibiscus (stunning T house with great deck area on the edge of the rice paddies) and Ragamunga (equally beautiful T house set just back from the rice paddies). Both T houses have great rooms, spacious outdoor bathrooms, access to top plunge pools and are great for a couple or a group (our family were staying in alternative T houses on site so we had plenty of space for big family dinners).

Lodtunduh is a traditional little balinese village with a couple of little stalls selling snacks and essentials. Ubud is only a short car or scooter trip away and the housekeeping ladies are all too happy to help you sort transport, an in room massage, washing, home delivery food from local cafes, and they come and make you a beautiful breakfast in your own kitchen each morning...wish we could have brought that home. A truly beautiful place to stay if you like getting off the beaten track.

Room Tip: Hibiscus - hands down my favourite of the 4 T Houses we stayed in
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank trish a
Reviewed January 18, 2012

From the start communication was wonderful with the owner. We just loved this place and totally relaxed. There was no air-conditioning but you don't need it as it not as hot in Ubud and there are fans over two of the beds and in one of the living rooms. The rooms flowed from one to the next and very spacious. One living room was indoors with a TV and DVD player and one living/kitchen room was out in the open with roof over head and looking over the amazing rice fields. We spent most of our time in the outdoor living area as we could watch the locals going about their work in the rice fields - just awesome! Every morning we had our breakfast prepared for us by beautiful Balinese women. They would prepare eggs any way you wanted and toast, served with fresh fruit and coffee/tea. You also had an option of pancakes. They cleaned up after themselves and served it to you before leaving. The house was also serviced every day. We were a family of 4 so my husband and I slept in one room and one son slept in the other room and my other son slept in the mezzanine, all with mosquito nets and queen size beds. Speaking of bugs we hardly saw a mosquito, we saw the odd gecko (which we loved) and heard frogs at night time (rather loud but nice) and there were a few ants but not the biting sort - so we did not find the openness a problem for our family we totally loved it. We also had our own personal pond to the side of the property and own pathway leading to the T House. The pool was only a short walk away. No this is not a big resort with flash facilities and noisy people - ahhh just how we like it - totally relaxing and felt like we got a taste of the Real Bali. The only down fall would be the distance into town, it would be a fair walk but for a small taxi fare it didn't bother us at all and we would totally recommend our driver Made Alit Santika - Mobile 081236700184 as his English was fantastic and he was fun to be with. Over all I would totally recommend this T-House 'Lemon Grass' we didn't want to leave - and it was amazing value for money! Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions I'd love to answer them. I would defiantly go back there if I stayed in Ubud again.

Room Tip: To get the Real Bali feel book a T house that is on the edge of the rice fields. We can recommend t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank 46Fiona777
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have stayed in T house for 6 days. The place is very nice and the staff very helpful, but we left the place full of bites. It doesn´t look like mosquitos because I have repellent during the day, and at night we sprayed the mosquito nets. But in the morning there were many new bites in my body. Maybe something in the mattress???? Anyway, if you don´t like to itch your self the whole day, don´t go there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Marcia B
Reviewed October 4, 2011

i have made the right choice for choosing Damai T House, it has super paddy field view and it is also easy accessible to the pool. There is nothing i can not love until dusk, swarms of mosquitoes are everywhere, i certainly had a fun time killing mosquitoes with the electric bat provided by the villa, but miraculously they all disappear after an hour or so, and good thing is they dont attack! This villa has almost everything, but the location is quite far off civilisation, so once you missed ordering dinner with the ladies (btw they serve really good local food), then you will be on your own! (it happened to me on the first night as i got there at 4pm, thank god i have instant noodles with me). Breakfast is provided and it is prepared at your villa kitchen by the t house ladies while your enjoying coffee with the superb view, basically there is NOTHING you can do at night, ive spent my 3 nights watching sex in the city left by previous occupants. Also though i love the windowless concept, but it freaks me out at night as being a city girl myself i feel insecure fearing someone would climb in, but dont worry they have guards patroling the compounds. Also the quietness at night is a little creepy, as u can only hear frogs, crickets and also wood creaks! Not the forget the resident geckos, 1 under the living room and 1 around the bed, they scare me all the time during the night by making funny noises sounding like GECK-KOOO GECK-KOOOO, The t house ladies are very lovely, normally clean up the villa when we're out in the afternoon, wash up your dishes, replace new towels etc! the experience here is definitely one of a kind

Room Tip: get a paddy field view villa, waking up to it is a total bliss
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank citrusnobilis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lodtunduh
Villa Pantulan
#93 of 585 in Ubud
Villa Arya Ubud
Villa Arya Ubud
#79 of 585 in Ubud

Been to Bali T House? Share your experiences!