“No wonder it is named Familia” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Familia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vathy
Hotel Familia
Ranked #1 of 6 Vathy B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“No wonder it is named Familia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

From the moment you get in you feel part of the family. Not only that i got to meet some of Christine's(the owner) family members, they all welcome you with open hands and let you feel you are part of the familia. Too bad i am not, cause I wish Christine would prepare me her delicious breakfasts with home made pastry every day.
Hotel Familia is one of these small charming and very comfortable hotels that you enjoy staying at and want to come back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Miron K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 8 nights in July - and it was truly lovely. Makis went above and beyond to research our complicated journey and made us feel very welcome when we arrived. Christina's breakfasts are delicious - make sure you're really hungry, take it slow and you'll do it justice. Great having the bikes - though still exhausting getting over the hill.

Room Tip: Our room (can't remember it's name) was lovely, stylish and comfortable, but just a little d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SarahVW
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent place to stay, very good location, advice and recommendations, the hotel is very nicely decorated and welcoming as were the staff / family, overall beautifully relaxed sophistication. Just set back from the sea everything you need is just a minute or two walk. I would recommend Hotel Familia as a great base to explore Ithaca.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Stephen D
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We loved our stay here. Hotel Familia is the perfect way to explore Ithaca. The tiny garden is lovely to eat delicious home cooked breakfasts in the morning, I loved the tomato bread. Hotel Familia were brilliant for advice and tips on places to see we especially loved our walk up the hill to Perahori with breathtaking views over vathy and delicious food at a typical local greek taverna. Check out my blog which tells you more about the island http://anjajaneinagreencity.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/ithaca-kefelonia-off-the-beaten-track/

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnjaS264
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Charming is the absolutely perfect way of describing this lovely small hotel. It is a friendly place to stay, right in the heart of Ithaca, staff was caring and discreet. I loved the free bicycles! A tiny garden-yard next to the hotel is just the perfect place to sip a morning coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EmmaRizoli
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Familia for two nights during June 2013. Everything about this beautifully-kept hotel exceeded my expectations.

The building is a carefully and tastefully renovated stone olive mill, with original features preserved throughout. The decor has a traditional feel, although clean and modern. There are seven rooms, each named after a member of the family. I stayed in ‘Lydia’, and although I was travelling alone there was plenty of space for a couple. The bathroom is stylish and sumptuous and has a wonderfully refreshing monsoon shower. Breakfast was a continental style, with freshly-baked bread and delicious tsoureki prepared in the family’s kitchen.

Of course, the real attraction here is the staff: The family did all they could to make me feel welcome. By this, I don’t mean that they never left me alone, I was comfortable with them from the second I arrived. ‘Imagine this is your home’, I was told when I was being shown to my room. And so I did! The staff was enormously helpful and particularly well connected in Ithaca, so they made things much easier for me, with so much to see and very little time in which to see it. Christina enthralled me with anecdotes and tales about the island and her family’s history, I felt as though she were a long-lost aunt. Makis was incredibly helpful, organising transfers from the port, recommending nearby beaches and introducing me to other Ithacans who could enhance my stay. I cannot thank them enough for their assistance.

Ithaca is such a strikingly beautiful island that I am certain that I will be back, and I would not think twice about booking the Hotel Familia.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Andy B
athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Τhe hotel was great! It was elegantly decorated and ideally situated in the heart of Vathi, Ithaca. There was a combination of iron and stone with gave away its origin, as it was an old oil refinery transformed into a boutique hotel. The facilities were good enough. There were even bikes to be used for free! However, if the lovely owners would like to improve something ,that would be their breakfast which was of poor quality compared to the other facilities of that hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank mary l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vathy
Perantzada 1811 Art Hotel
#4 of 5 in Vathy
Emelisse Art Hotel
Emelisse Art Hotel
#2 of 8 in Fiscardo

Been to Hotel Familia? Share your experiences!