“Best breakfast around”

Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Plantsville
Connecticut
“Best breakfast around”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great breakfast place, lots of variety and lots of food for the price. Great friendly service. Lots of seating for a small hometown place.

Visited December 2013

“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great little diner, that is tucked away in a small shopping plaza. The cooks are perfectionist and I have never had an eggs benedict over or under cooked. Coffee is bottomless. Waitresses are great. Gets busy on the weekends between 9 and 11 a.m.

Visited September 2012
Wolcott, Connecticut
“Grace's is a disgrace”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Breakfast is a difficult meal to ruin, but Grace's is up to the task. My wife ordered the breakfast special which was an asparagus, tomatoes, zucchini, and feta cheese omelet. I ordered a cheddar cheese omelet with a side of kielbasa. We waited about thirty minutes. They dropped the food and check off. After that, I guess they were done with us. They never checked back to see if our order was okay (it was not) or if we wanted more coffee. We had to get up and ask another waitress for coffee. My wife's overcooked omelet was without any asparagus and the zucchini was raw. Obviously they also can't make a cheese omelet. My omelet was a small hunk of cheese with eggs on top.
The kielbasa was overlooked and greasy. If they had given us the opportunity to complain, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Fellow diners, look elsewhere

• Visited June 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Don't tell anyone!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have lived in Southington for over twenty years, but went to or heard of Grace's Restaurant.
Today my wife and I went there for breakfast and had an an absulutely great breakfast. The menu is expansive. To start, when the coffee s good,my expectations are high and I was not dissappointed.Today we had fresh Raspberries and cream cheese filled french toast and chocolate Hazlenut and banana crepes. Both choices were delicious. Had a side order of sausage that was not to smokey, greasy or spicey. Garcie's was fully packed by 9am and the place grew progressively louder as it seemed all the regulars new each other and shouted out their salutations. The decor is just what you would expect from a diner serving home made food so don't expect everything here to be perfect. I almost did not want to leave this wonderful social atmosphere. Got the bill, could not be happier that the total was reasonable and less than our usual breakfast fare at Pepper Pot, Kizl's and Liberty Diner.
If there were a rating of very, very good I would give them 4.5 starts. Enjoy.

• Visited April 2013
Meriden, Connecticut
“Great Diner Food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my favorite breakfast place - my favorite is eggs and a crossant or french toast. So many great choices - must try.

• Visited December 2012