“Great Staff Rates A Good Review”

Econo Lodge Plantsville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Plantsville
Dayton
“Great Staff Rates A Good Review”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Staff says a LOT about a hotel ! Older property - but clean. Truck & trailer parking in back. Wifi and cable tv. Bed and bath average. Average breakfast. I am on the road driving a pick up truck and trailer over 300 days a year in all lower 48 states. I usually get o.k. service at a hotel. I have stayed here a few times. The property is average or a little above. But the staff is excellent. My latest stay was May 2014. I checked in late afternoon. Alex at the front desk had one queen room left at the $50 single coupon rate. Rather than try to upsell, he checked me in and arrived 10 minutes later to clean the air with an aerosol fogger. Later I saw him cleaning the area where construction was taking place earlier in the day. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CountryRoadsScholar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2014

What a convenient location. Just off I-84. Plenty of restaurants and a high quality theater within walking distance. Comfy and Cozy rooms. Microwave and fridge, as well as the extremely dependable Wi-Fi, made this a very comfortable stay. The staff was friendly and attentive. I had a few small issues that were immediately resolved. That kind of attention is not available everywhere. Trust me on that. I work FedEx and have spent many days over the past 7 years having to wait out closed highways, winter storms, and accidents. It's nice to have a place to lay your head in a motel with a consistent level of comfort and amenities. I highly recommend this motel for anyone needing to stop in the area between Waterbury and Hartford Connecticut.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have been in the hotel business for many years.I can not say enough about this hotel. I always stay her when visitng the Waterbury area. It is so convenient , quitet and economical! The rooms are always clean and fresh smelling. Bathrooms are also very clean and that is so important. The staff is exceptional. Always willing to help and always with a smile.I love that I can bring my dog and there is enough walking space outside. I see no reason to stay anywhere else and neither should anyone else. RIght off 84.. places to eat.. Kudos the management and they are always upgrading. I have personally seen how much work they have done since they took over.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ignorantpeoplesuck
Arlington
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Trucker hotel that happens to also house people waiting to get into half way housing. The place felt unsafe (my company van), and dust on everything over five feet in height. The TV was old and small with poor reception and the bed should have been replaced many years ago. Staff was fine but I could not even bare to grab a coffee in the AM. luck that they are next door to a DD.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, comfort suite near buy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Andrew B
Sid P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Plantsville, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
We are very sorry to hear your stay was unsatisfactory and value your feedback greatly. We have addressed the issue of dusting and have re-trained our housekeeping staff to remedy that issue. We have plans to upgrade our television sets as part of our overall renovations to provide a more comfortable and enjoyable stay for our guests. We would like to reassure you that our property is monitored by over 24 security cameras in addition to our 24 hour staff to provide the safest possible environment for those choosing to stay with us. As we constantly improve we hope you will reconsider us in the future.

SP
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed twice over a two week period while our home was being worked on.

During our first visit, I found that a pet had spit up on the carpet and this had been left to dry! This was odd, because the rest of the hotel room was clean. The hotel clerk was very apologetic and immediately moved us to a different room. The heater was really noisy in the second room.

Despite the no-smoking sign on the rooms, both REEKED of cigarettes. HERE IS MY CHRISTMAS WISH: I wish hotels would only allow electronic cigarettes; this would decrease smoke damage and make the stays pleasanter.

Our second visit was better. No problems with the room and the room did not reek of smoke.

During both visits, though, we had poor television reception; the picture was very grainy. During both visits, we found the hotel clerks to be polite and responsive. The wardrobes in the rooms were dusty, as were the chairs in the kitchen area.

The hotel is within walking distance to a Dunkin Donuts (they share a common entrance) and a movie theatre. A truck stop is next door.

The hotel rooms come equipped with irons, ironing boards, coffee makers, blow dryers, mini-refrigerators and microwave ovens. The breakfast is basically a bowl of cold cereal, pastry, coffee, and juice. We paid $59 per night and felt that, given the amenities, we were being given a fair price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights at this hotel and it was perfect as far as we were concerned. There were restaurants with in walking distance, a movie theatre and very close to the interstate. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a laundry facility inside the hotel for guest use. If I'm ever in Connecticut again I will stay at this hotel.

Stayed December 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was our first time staying in an Econo Lodge. Our room was quiet and the bed linens appeared to be fresh and clean; we got a good night's sleep. The bathroom was not so appealing. There was thick pinkish mold on the shower curtain and a damp towel near the sink with a long black hair on it that definitely did not belong to either my husband or myself. I chose this motel based on the positive reviews on TripAdvisor and thus was disappointed that the bath in our room was grungy. The breakfast was not especially good, but at least there is a Dunkin' Donuts right across the parking lot to take care of caffeine and sugar needs. From all the other positive reviews of this motel, I can only ascertain that the bathroom in most rooms was cleaner than ours was. But based on this first impression, Econo Lodge would not be high on my priority list of places to stay in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaryEE49
Sid P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Plantsville, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Mary,
I'm concerned about the inconvenience you experienced with our hotel, and thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. More importantly, we would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations and would like you to know that we are making a few changes that include a hotel wide switch to higher quality linens and a few changes to our housekeeping procedures in order to avoid this from happening again. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. It will help us to avoid a similar situation in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantsville
Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
#1 of 8 in Waterbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington

Been to Econo Lodge Plantsville? Share your experiences!