“Great service...easy on the wallet!!”

Econo Lodge Milldale - Southington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Plantsville
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for 4 nights earlier in April to attend our daughters dance performance. My husband and I travel frequently and were pleasantly surprised with the level of service we recieved for the price we paid...the accoomdations were nice, in a place like this the main thing we look for is clean..id say our expections were exceeded when the staff went above and beyond making sure me and my disabled husband's needs were meet..friendly staff, clean rooms and a very affordable..would recomend to anyone looking for a good nights rest with something a little extra.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, go for the non smoking rooms on the lobby level for easier access into the b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just arrived home from a 3 night stay. Was hoping for better as the previous reviews made it sound great esp. considering the price.
I called several days ahead about a fridge for the room and the man on the phone was fantastic. Very friendly and polite. When I arrived the man at the front desk was polite and answered my questions about parking and such.
When I got to my room it looked clean and smelled nice. We unpacked and settled in before heading back out for dinner. As I was unpacking my 8 year child found a Gatorade bottle. (It was not ours.) I proceeded to look under bed and was quite disgusted to find alot of stuff under there. YUCK!
Okay I said. No biggie. I went to bathroom and discovered two towels, which were so thin I could see through them and a number of holes.
Again I said ok..it happens. As i proceeded to REALLY look around I noticed alot of dust, some one else's used soap in the upper corner of shower,and other such little things.
Since the previous reviews noted the cleanliness I have to say I found this quite disturbing. (I own a house cleaning business and know details count)
We left for dinner and returned that evening not sure if I wanted to stay or not. As a young woman traveling with her mother and child safety is an issue. The parking lot was well lit and I definitely felt safe.
As we settled in for the evening I noticed that there was no safety bolt on door. Just an empty place where one used to be. That again made me nervous, but we just propped a chair against it.
As my review says I got what I paid for. Not the worst hotel I have stayed in, but was really hopeful for more as the other reviews highlighted the cleanliness which I am picky about. (always travel with febreeze, Lysol, and disinfecting wipes.) Was safe, very quiet (esp. considering it is near highway and truck stop), and the staff was polite.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Sid P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Milldale - Southington, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

I’m concerned about the inconvenience you experienced with our hotel, and thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. First and foremost, we're going to each and ever single room, lifting the mattresses up and clean underneath. We've also schedule carpet cleaning of all rooms and public areas in late May. I've personally went through my laundry and discarded all worn and thin towels. We've added 100+ new towels to the linen inventory. I apologize for the missing saftey bolt lock we were in the middle of repainting the doors and our new locks experienced a delay in delivery. I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. It will help us to avoid a similar situation in the future. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. We hope you choose to stay with us again and can experience our renewed commitment to our guests in the ways that matter most, I can personally guarantee your visit will be an improvement as we continue to move forward using valuable feedback from guests like yourself to meet the needs of our customers.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were recently driving through CT and stayed here for 2 nights due to the weather. The location is just awesome with the next door truck stop having great food options. The new management from last year is making every attempt possible to satisfy guests. As the name as Economy Rooms - they win customers by delvering absolute value for money with clean-clean rooms and very very friendly customer service. (Since the property is a bit old there is some minor remodelling/repair during the day but didnt bother us at all) Onsite maintenance makes sure all rooms are upto speed, they were also people during the storm with the snow and even jump start cards.

Highly recommend it for people looking a good night sleep on a budget and no frills.

Room Tip: There some coupons at the CT Welcome Center!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andy U
Reviewed February 6, 2013

my company budget is more than twice the price of this hotel, but i choose this one because of the cleanliness and excelent service....i find myself staying there 4 or 5 times a year...its right off the highway and there are plenty of stores and restaraunts around....there is plenty of parking and it is always quiet....there is a new owner who is really interested in doing a good job and he is succeeding...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gwap99
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This has been an incredible find for me. I am in the hotel business and there are certain things I look for in any hotel no matter an economy brand or a luxury brand. Friendliness of staff, cleanliness of the room and that everytthing works in the room. From the moment I called the first time I encountered friendly and knowledgable staff. The rooms are so clean and the lobby and hallways smell good.The fact that they take pets is a plus. Sid the owner is a great guy. Another is "D" who works the desk. He is so friendly and I see him helping the other staff members. I listen to staff on the phone and when a guest walks in. He is great at it.This is how customer service employers recruit... they watch someone doing it. If I had need "D" would be offered a job at my hotel. Mark was the first Guest Services Agent I encountered via the phone and he was so attentive as well. All of them acknowledge the person when they walk in. Rule of thumb is to say hello when the guest is 6 ft away. I believe they are going to be doing more with the place. I encourage all of you to stay if you have business in the greater waterbury/cheshire/southington areas. Oh an easy off the highway. A dunkin Donuts right in front of the hotel and even a restaurant next door opened 24 hours. I have stayed twice already within a week.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor which is level to the parking lot in back. It was quiet and had easy acces...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ignorantpeoplesuck
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several years ago and decided to give it another try. This time was much better and hotel has really improved in all ways. I would definitely stay again and revommend to other travelers.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2013

When we look for a hotel the things we look for are cleanliness, pet friendly, hot breakfast and cost. We were very pleased with this hotel. Your basic room was small but very clean. This is huge to someone who is OCD! The lobby and breakfast areas actually smelled like cleaning solution and there was a mop & bucket ready for use in the corner! The bed was more comfy than most. Our 70 lb. yellow lab was only charged a $10 pet fee, which is really unusual, as there is usually a weight limit and/or a very high non-refundable pet cleaning fee at most hotels. The breakfast was a continental breakfast, but for the value of the room we were happy to go to the Dunkin' Donuts which is on the same property each morning for our coffee! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We live in Massachusetts and visit our family in Connecticut quite a few times a year. This is our new go to hotel from now on when we visit our family. Dave & Laurie - Cape Cod, MA

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantsville
Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Residence Inn Southington
Residence Inn Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain

Been to Econo Lodge Milldale - Southington? Share your experiences!