“August weekly special worth the visit!”
Review of The Manor Inn

The Manor Inn
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Plantsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Connecticut
“August weekly special worth the visit!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The month of August every Thursday is the Manor's Lobster dinner for two Special! For $35.00 you get a 1 1/4 lb steamed lobster with clams, baked potato, corn on the cob, cup of clam chowder, coffee or tea and house dessert. For a couple of dollars extra, they will stuff the lobster with their crab stuffing. You really can't find a better or tastier deal. Everything was nicely cooked. Chowder was tasty and the corn was sweet. If you only want 1 meal, it's half price. We snuck in around 5 pm thinking to beat the crowds. Since we didn't have reservations especially recommended when this special is going on, we ended up in the bar area instead of the dining room. The place was hopping. Even with a very brisk dinner service in progress, our food came out timely.

We have visited the Manor many times over the years and have always had great food priced reasonably and always had leftovers to take home to enjoy the next day. The only negative is the hostesses. They tend to never be at the door waiting to greet and seat people whether it is busy or not so you end up looking around to see where they are hiding, usually the kitchen or back of the house some where.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kathy E

Middletown, Connecticut
“Great meal at reasonable prices”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Had dinner with my wife at the Manor Inn and was very pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. I had veal parmigiana and my wife had the pecan crusted scrod both were excellent!! I also had the French onion soup which was also top notch and I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur of onion soup. The service was excellent and they were quite busy it was a Saturday night. The portions and the quality of the food were beyond both our expectations and we have been back since this visit with similar results. We'll be back again!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Stuart L
Prospect CT
“Definitely For An Older Crowd”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

You definitely get your monty's worth, but the clientelle's average age seems to be about 75. They do have good nightly specials. I feel bad when my waitress is older than me!

Visited April 2013
Port Saint Joe, Florida
“typical fare cooked exceptionally well.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

we tried the Manor Inn last nite... My husband had wanted to go back since he hadnt been there in almost 30 years, since he had played there in a dinner and dancing band.(gone are those days)..I had never been here before and quite honestly was not impressed with the menu.I suppose if you have your favorites this is the place for you. typical menu ...stuffed shrimp, veal choices, pasta choices, chicken Francaise,,marsala, parm, meat dishes, fried fish choices... Dont get me wrong they have an extensive menu... just nothing that Jumped out at me , even their specials were a variation of their menu items...That being said... I chose the most creative item I felt that was on the menu ...the apricot maple glazed salmon,,,choices are soup or salad and veg/potato or pasta.. I was given the choice of soup or salad and she didnt mention anything else.. I said I have the choice of "something" else too right? oh yeah..I asked if they had rice...the answer was..No...so I ordered spinach.... so I got a bowl of sauteed spinach and a plate with the salmon on it..no starch... I left it alone.. the salmon was tasty, I saved some of my salad(too much dressing) to eat with it,,,waaay tooo much spinach in this bowl,,although cooked well...the stems should have been removed,...the app I got was the mozzarella plate...THAT was fantastic.My husband got stuffed mushrooms and a seafood medley zuppa de pesce type of entre'... It was huge and spicy. he ended up taking it (and my spinach) home. he enjoyed the flavor... The mushrooms were good,,, nothing to write home about though.

• Visited April 2013
Bristol, Connecticut
“Early Bird Specials--Good Value”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I had an early dinner at the Manor Inn after going to the movies. We sat in a booth in the bar area, where we chose from their Early Bird Menu specials. These were smaller portions, and there was a good variety of choices. They included bread with butter, soup or salad, the entree with a side, and coffee or tea. My husband had fish and I had veal parm. It was just enough to eat without leftovers and the price was right. Food quality here is consistently good without many surprises. The service is good considering they had only one waitress on duty at the time. Be sure to check out the monthly special offered.

• Visited March 2013