“Close harbour Seafood Rocks!”

Close Harbour Seafood
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Plantsville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This place is a seafood market and a restaurant in one. You can BYOB which is really nice.
I don't know who the chef is but he or she can certainly hold thier own with Gordon Ramsey on Hell's Kitchen. The food was fabulous!
Started with a fresh tomtoe / mozzarella salad and my wife had a shrimp coctail. Bot were excellent!
Entrees we ordered were a pan seared Halibut over spinach and a seared Ahi. Both again were outstanding! way beyond our expectations.
Service was excellent as well.
If you are in the Southington area you owe it to yourself to check it out!
Highly recommended!

1  Thank Dave B
dcala412, Owner at Close Harbour Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for the feedback David B, we really appreciate it! We look forward to seing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Close Harbour Seafood

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I periodically receive email notification of sales and specials so I recently purchased a pair of discounted certificates good for lobster rolls. These are the type with just lobster and butter, no mayo thank you, served on a grilled hot dog roll. Ours were filled with a large quantity of lobster and just the right amount of buttery goodness. We enjoyed these while sitting at one of their outside covered picnic tables. I think these were the best lobster rolls I have found in CT.

The display case was loaded with fresh seafood plus a number of tempting prepared items. There was a sale underway with fresh salmon or swordfish patties for just $1.50 each. We purchased a pair of the salmon patties that I’ll be serving for tomorrow’s lunch on a grilled hamburger bun

1  Thank westie2
Reviewed July 19, 2012

As members of the restaurant/seafood market’s VIP email club, we periodically receive notification of retail sales and offers to purchase discounted dining certificates. The certificate we used last evening was for a shared appetizer and 2 entrees from the House Specialty Dishes for $35.

The restaurant charges a modest $5 corkage fee so we brought with us a bottle of Red Diamond merlot that pairs well with seafood (or anything else). Our choice of appetizer was crab cakes with a spicy remoulade sauce. Billed as prepared with lump crab meat, it had entirely too much breading and the crab looked like claw meat though it may have been broken up lump crab. In either case, the crab cakes were mediocre.

We faired much better in the entrée department with both of choosing the sweet potato crusted Chilean sea bass with wild mushrooms, wilted greens and candied butternut squash in a brown butter brandi (sic) sauce. We received a bountiful portion of perfectly cooked sea bass that must have tipped the scale at a ½ pound. It proved to be one of the best seafood dishes I have had in recent memory. Service was very good throughout our meal.

1  Thank westie2
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I used to LOVE this place! The friendly owners and employees, eager service, and fun (if ugly) environment played off each other to provide a quirky dining experience which could often be very enjoyable. But I stopped being a regular when the prices took way off - and I began to feel that they were inventing newer and more ingenius ways to part me from my money. EVERYTHING is extra here, and the prices are similar to what you'd pay in a fine restaurant with lovely ambience. I certainly don't mind paying for good food, but I expect a bit of relaxation as part of the meal. Bread? No. Salad? No. Expensive desserts? Yes. The place seemed better when it wasn't so outrageous. Yes, the food is good. But it's not an enjoyable meal when it's rushed, expensive, and not relaxing in any way whatsoever.

2  Thank CTBuzz
Reviewed February 5, 2012

In addition to incredibly fresh and well prepared seafood this is a great place to BYOB and relax with friends on the outdoor patio. Owner Bill Close is gracious and treats all like guests in his home. Indoor dining in the cooler months is available and the food is just as fresh and tasty!

1  Thank Rae1