“Nice restaurant and lively bar”

New Mill Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
New Mill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Plantsville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Router 322
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We made reservations here last Friday at 7 pm for 4 people. Then we had another couple that
wanted to join us so I called and changed to six people. Not a problem the hostess was fantastic
and apologize that I forgot her name. Then one couple had to cancel so I called back and changed
it back to 4 at 7 pm, again no problem. When we arrived our table was ready and seated right
away. We will continue to go back to the New Mill as they know what how to treat their customers
and I haven't gotten to all our dinners yet. Our waiter Anthony was great and we did not lack from any attention from him. Very knowledgeable about the menu and specials. We all had appetizers
I recommend the clams casino and the chicken parm for dinner. Our friends had the filet mignon which was done to perfection. All our dinners were very good and no complaints.
Yes, they do have a lively bar with a Happy Hour scene that is noisy. Any restaurant need's that to
offset the cost of the food and they seem to have it right.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at my experience at the New Mill. This restaurant was extremely busy on a Saturday night (and it is quite large). There was a great atmosphere to the place. The service was very good. We were two couples who had dinner and drinks here. The drinks and the food were terrific. I had the chopped salad and my wife had the roasted beet salad and they were even better than their menu descriptions. For dinner I had the Chicken Caprese, which is a breaded chicken cutlet with arugula, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella. It was fantastic, and I was not expecting it to be so good (the portions are tremendous, as evidenced by the number of patrons leaving with takeout containers). My wife was equally pleased with her lobster crusted tilapia. For the quality and amount of food, I thought the prices were reasonable. I would definitely consider this restaurant again when looking for a nice evening out. Also, the restaurant is large enough that it was hosting several larger parties at once- a good place for a larger group.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Old Mill restaurant in Plantsville, CT on September 17 with two out of town guests of Indian descent. This is important aspect to this review. The property was nice, somewhat rustic, with a decent amount of local happy hour patrons milling around a central bar. We had reservations and were seated promptly on arrival. We sat for a while before our server arrived. It took some time before she brought us water and we had to ask for bread. Our out of town guests had not yet arrived and we wanted to wait to order. Our server did not pay much attention to us but it was no big deal because we were waiting for two more people. Once they arrived we sat down and the service deteriorated further. The server rarely came to our table and I had to ask the host for more bread on the way to the men’s room. Eventually we were able to place an order. Two of us ordered the Scallop special, my wife ordered the Sole special, and our fourth guest ordered the vegetarian meal. We also ordered a bottle of wine. The meals we ordered, once they arrived, were all excellent. On a scale of 1-5 I would rate them a solid 4.5, truly well prepared, appropriate quantity, well presented, and with excellent taste. The service, however, on the same 1-5 scale was a 1. She was either distracted, too busy (unlikely since the restaurant was not full), or she did not like serving non-American people. We got a decidedly unfriendly “vibe” from her and when we left, our out of town Indian visitors felt the same way. This was unfortunate and it is therefore unlikely we will return to this rather highly regarded restaurant. Summary is the food was great, service felt offensive.

5  Thank Pilsnenes
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went there for a family event a few weeks ago. There was 20+ people in the party and the NewMill did an awesome job with service, food and set-up. Several menu choices were available: Filet Mignon, Salmon and Chicken Paremsean. I had the filet; it was experetly cook and very tender and delicious.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent steaks !
32 ounce ribeye steak is the best I have ever had ,friendly stuff and very nice decor.