“Deserving of Its Always-Full Parking Lot”

J Timothy's Taverne
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Plainville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sutton, Massachusetts
“Deserving of Its Always-Full Parking Lot”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place is always busy, and now I know why. It's great!

J Timothy's welcomed a couple of dirty, hungry climbers in need of a beer and good food after a good day on the cliffs. We sat in the bar/pub side. The atmosphere is cozy and fun. The service was really good. I had the tomato mozzarella sandwich, which was tasty and fresh. The sweet potato fries were excellent.

J Timothy's is definitely a nice, casual place for some food and/or drink with family or friends.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“A popular Tavern which has been there "forever"”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

J. Timothy's is great. Excellent wings. My son in law says they are the best ever! I took my family out for helping me dispose of my dad's house in NB. We had quite a party. It was St Paddy's day weekend, but we were seated pretty quick for a large party, as the restaurant was all hustle & bustle. We all had something different & very good. Service good. I do remember it as "Cooke's Tavern" in my day.

• Visited March 2013
Bristol, Connecticut
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Food is wonderful. Prices are decent. Portions are huge. Service is great. I go as often as I can because everything is wonderful. The atmosphere has a lot of character.

Visited November 2012
Winsted, Connecticut
“Expected tastier wings”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wings were pricey and tasted average. Expected better after listening to all the hype. Giant pretzel was exciting and both the cheese sauce and mustard were flavorful. Atmosphere was great and there was live music. I would go back, but order something other than their "famous" wings.

• Visited April 2013
“Made my birthday a very enjoyable experience!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been a frequenter of J.Tim's for years...and highly recommend the teriyaki dirt wings as well as any of the beers on their extensive draft list! I recently had the pleasure of being surprised there on my birthday with a dinner party of 18 of my closest friends and family. We were tucked away in the little nook to the right of hostess stand, and it was perfect! I can't remember out waitress's name...but she was wonderful! The service was really flawless. Our server and J. Tim's truely went above and beyond any of my expectations, and I would highly recommend this restaurant!