“A popular Tavern which has been there "forever"”

J Timothy's Taverne
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Plainville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

J. Timothy's is great. Excellent wings. My son in law says they are the best ever! I took my family out for helping me dispose of my dad's house in NB. We had quite a party. It was St Paddy's day weekend, but we were seated pretty quick for a large party, as the restaurant was all hustle & bustle. We all had something different & very good. Service good. I do remember it as "Cooke's Tavern" in my day.

There are newer reviews for J Timothy's Taverne

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Food is wonderful. Prices are decent. Portions are huge. Service is great. I go as often as I can because everything is wonderful. The atmosphere has a lot of character.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wings were pricey and tasted average. Expected better after listening to all the hype. Giant pretzel was exciting and both the cheese sauce and mustard were flavorful. Atmosphere was great and there was live music. I would go back, but order something other than their "famous" wings.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been a frequenter of J.Tim's for years...and highly recommend the teriyaki dirt wings as well as any of the beers on their extensive draft list! I recently had the pleasure of being surprised there on my birthday with a dinner party of 18 of my closest friends and family. We were tucked away in the little nook to the right of hostess stand, and it was perfect! I can't remember out waitress's name...but she was wonderful! The service was really flawless. Our server and J. Tim's truely went above and beyond any of my expectations, and I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

One taste of the wings and you can taste the quality. They have a distinct taste, high quality, and the heat is sincere, not just a ton of hot sauce poured into a simple sauce, and lots of meat on the bones. Onion soup was as advertised, same for clam chowder, and their menu has a great selection of entrees, apps, drinks, etc. across the board. We sat upstairs in the first come first served area, and our Saturday evening arrival time was just before the rush and was perfect timing.