“Great alternative for lunch”
Review of Cottage Restaurant

Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Plainville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Forget the fast food lunch now that the Cottage is open for lunch. The food and the service will make you forget your stressful day. The apps are great, tried the calamari, oysters and chicken liver pâté, all very good.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Diane & I went to the cottage for lunch. I started with a long island ice tea Diane had a Beefeater on the rocks. Diane then had soup of the day mushroom her meal was crispy fried oysters & a sobe noodle,cucumber & wakame salad, lime vinaigrette & sesame chili aioli witch was on the app menu. I had ceviche; mixed poached seafood, lime and chopped vegetables, guacomole & warm corn tortilla. this was real tasty. I then had a French dip with house roasted beef with a apple radish slaw, swiss cheese ,horseradish butter, au jus and matchstick fries. A bottle of wine and desert of mango, coconut cheese cake. all in all a real nice lunch well worth a drive to get here. I will be back the food is just that good.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to The Cottage on a Thursday evening for an impromptu celebration and it didn't disappoint. He had the 3 course special of soup, whole belly clams and dessert for a great price of only $18 and I had the hanger steak. Both meals were delicious!! We split the apple fritter and vanilla ice cream for dessert. This is our favorite dessert here. The fritter is cooked just right: crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. The place is small (about 20 tables?) which is what we like about it. What we really appreciate about this restaurant is that the menu change with the season, as evidenced by what we had that night (clam bellies for him, steak with fiddle heads for me).

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I went here for our anniversary. Staff was very nice and helpful, service was very good. Food simply amazing.
The calamari was incredible, mushroom on puff pastry with roasted vegetables also fantastic. My husband had "the best steak I've ever had."
We were too full for dessert. Prices are incredibly reasonable for the quality of food.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

First time to this one and was recommended by a local. Not disappointed at all. So good if fact were Chicken wing appetizer we had double helpings. The entrees were fabulous too! From the welcome at the door by by owner and the friendly staff is a place that is well worth a visit.
Thankfully I wasn't driving. Everything here is fresh and very mouthful is tasteful.
Tonight it wasn't very busy but that has to be due to the bad weather in the past 24 hours.
Well worth braving the elements for.