“CLOSED”

Fiore's IV Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
“CLOSED”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was one of our favorite local restaurants. Got a $75 gift card decided to go a few weeks ago - the place was closed! Empty, nothing left and NO sign on the door. Just went there about two weeks prior. There are (were) four Fiore's. One in Westport, Old Saybrook & Middletown. I called them to see if they would honor the gc and they said no, they are not connected! They said IV was their cousin. I said that because they advertised as one owner they should honor the gc - they disagreed.. VERY disappointed. We used to go to the one in Middletown too... Never again will I go to any of the Fiore's Restaurants..

• Visited August 2013

Bristol, Connecticut
“Very good local Italian”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Very good local small plate Italian food. Their eggplant parm is excellant. The proportions are perfect size - not as large as many other local Italian restaurants. Their prices are slightly high for the small portions, but the meals are very good - you be the judge. I'm not sure if this is a traditional Italian thing or if they didn't get thier liquor permit, but they only serve beer and wine - no mixed drinks. I would reccommend going there on either a date or small family gathering (less than 6) seating is limited.

• Visited January 2013
New England
“Repeat performance”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This is one of our favorite restaurants. The atmosphere is homey and accepting with lovely Italian music in the background. Not quite as lovely as the Middletown restaurant but much closer to where we live and has been improving every since we first came. Last night we dined with my two business partners and everyone enjoyed their food. The service was a little off since we were three couples and the place was very crowded on a Saturday night. One of my partners found a human hair in his salad and his wife had to wait a long while for her salad dressing. I would suggest that the waitstaff ask to fill the bread tray when they see it almost empty. Except for those serving failures the evening went well. We did not feel rushed and my favorite shrimp fri deavilo while not quite as good as Middletown, was very close this time around. As usual it was impossible to finish so half was taken home for an additional dinner. The other dishes were eggplant pamasion, lemon some and sup a de pesh. I apologize for the misspellings. We usually visit this restaurant at least twice a month and plan to return hopefully getting the female wait server who has seldom disappointed us.

Plainville, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and very affordable!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed with food or service. Always looking forward to my next visit

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Friday evening at 6:45 PM was told walk-in only, we only waited about 3 minutes!! It was a table for 2 - we could have waited for a larger table but didn't. Food was very good, and so was the service excellent! Would definitely go back again!