“Excellent Food at Great Prices”
Review of Fiore's IV Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Fiore's IV Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have now dined at Fiore's IV about 20 times. I have always been warmly greeted by the owner or his Dad. We have always been seated right away. The complimentary warm garlic bread knotswith cheese and a touch of butter are wonderful-I always eat too many! They have recently remodeled and now have more space, beautiful wooden floors and colorfully painted walls.
The waitstaff is attentive and friendly.
The soup of the day is homemade and delicious,they do a nice pasta fagioli.
Linguine with broccoli and oil is excellent. Penne Fiorentino is a specialty. All of the pastas with chicken are excellent. The veal montebianco with artichokes, tomatoes, and red peppers is delicious. Veal Genovese is a treat-veal, eggplant, tomatoes, mozzarella, and a creamy pesto sauce. All meals are served with a fresh salad and for veal and chicken entrees there is also a side of pasta.
They have beer and wine, good choices at reasonable prices.
It is a local family place and they take great pride in their business. It is very clean place. I wil continue to eat their and recommend it to my friends.
They take Amex, D, MC and V.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Thanks to Groupon we have been introduced to the Plainville location of the Fiore restaurant mini chain. We parked in the municipal lot across the street and behind some buildings, but on entering I saw a sign indicating there was a lot in the rear of the restaurant.
On entering, our waiter greeted us and directed us to a table for 4 next to the window overlooking Whiting Street. He returned shortly with the menus and glasses of ice water. In short order we were provided with hot garlic knots that resonated with oil, garlic and Parmesan cheese.
Menu prices include a tossed salad and a choice of dressings. I went with the house and my wife chose the Gorgonzola. Some of the greens were not fresh, but the chunks of tomato were at their summery best. My wife chose chicken Triestino - asparagus, fresh tomato, roasted red peppers and Gorgonzola cheese in a white wine sauce. The ingredients in this dish were very fresh and the skinless chicken was both moist and tender – a feat I rarely achieve at home.
I chose veal Genovese – veal topped with eggplant and sliced fresh tomatoes in a pesto cream sauce. There was not an overwhelming lot of veal in this dish, but it was very tender. The amount of pesto cream on the plate was a bit over-the-top IMHO, but others may disagree.
Our orders came with a side of al dente penne topped with a good, chunky house made marinara sauce. Though our waiter was serving 6-7 tables, he never skipped a beat.

1  Thank westie2