“I thought I'd Give Them a Try”

El Paso Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 76 Restaurants in Plainville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: The restaurant is a little piece of mexico, where you can enjoy the most authentic mexican food with quick and friendly service. El paso is about delicious, authentic, genuine and accurate representation of mexican cuisine for reasonable price.all these years we are recognize by our authentic and freshness in our menu. Our delicious dishes can be paired by wine, mexica beer or margaritas made real fruit. El paso restaurant is facility operated by owners to bring you the best food and attention. A warm service where every guest is made to feel welcome and at home. Enjoy our great quality food in our very casual resturant.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Hi Folks. I thought I'd try El Paso Mexican Restaurant in Plainville, CT. The menu is ok, the service is quick, the food was just ok and of less than adequate quantity. The atmosphere was Hole-in-the-Wall. Now I ordered of the lunch menu so maybe the food quantity was small on purpose. Oh Well - OldeBear

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We just happened by this little hole in the wall restaurant entourage to a movie and had to come back for dinner. The first clue of authenticity was that we were the only non Hispanic people in the restaurant. The waitress was a sweetie and when asked for recommendations did not leave us astray.
I had Costilla o chuletas in salsa Verde. It was a tender pork rib in a nice spicy sauce.The flavors were divine.
My partner Huarachees, a large corn tortilla with a paste of refried beans topped with a pork mixture, cheese crumbles ,lettuce,tomatoes,cilantro, and avocado. It was almost too much to eat, but we managed. The 2 meals and 2Mexican beers came to $30 .
I will certainly be back when I am in this area again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The food was ok. I asked for spicy tacos and they were mild and it needed salt. The menu stated 3 tripe tacos for 4.50 I got charged 7.50 when I claimed why it was more she told me they were special tacos. (Nothing on the menu about that). Won't go back

2  Thank JandE2009
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I love getting take out from here. We normally get some sort of enchilada's, but we come enough to have tried most other items (including burritos, tacos, tostado's, fajitas, quesadillas, nachos, homemade tamales (get them if they have them on hand!) etc). All items have been incredible. The chips and salsa is great here. It's a little sweeter than some other salsa's you'll find, but it has a nice kick to it. This place may be hard to find and be a little small, but the food makes it worth it. As another reviewer said - there's additional parking in the back if you can't find a spot on the main road.

The prices are very reasonable here.

The only thing that is a little lacking are the margartia's. But that's not enough to keep us away!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and arrived at around 12:15PM today (Wednesday) and there was only one other table occupied though one other family and two businessmen arrived shortly thereafter. We received ice water with our menus and were soon munching on chips and a delicious fresh salsa. We each opted for a chicken enchilada plate that includes beans and Spanish rice. The enchiladas were almost devoid of chicken and the overall meal was disappointing.