“Look no further...This hotel is so great I want to keep it all to myself!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Plainville
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I have searched high and low for a decent hotel in Hartford. I come to Hartford weekly for business and have a fairly flexible budget for my hotel room. Until now, I have not been able to find a decent place to stay for less than $200. This hotel is everything I've been looking for.

Highlights:
- 12 minutes from downtown Hartford with little morning traffic
- VERY clean and brand new
- Excellent customer service - guest services called me when I got to my room to make sure I was pleased. Also, this has been the first Marriott property to note and deliver my preference for more towels.
- Still earns the full Marriott points (10 points per dollar)
- Waiter Wheels (food delivery service) delivers here
- Free hot breakfast, free wireless internet
- One of the cheapest Marriott properties in the area
- One of the closest hotels to West Hartford (if you like good eats)
- Many restaurants and shopping centers within one mile in case you're hungry or forgot that extra pair of gloves at home

Downside:
- No room service

Hands down, best value in Hartford.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KapitalK
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville

Reviewed August 27, 2010

The hotel was clean and and seemed updated.The pool was very small for my 9 year old but everything went well.A decent breakfast is included and the location is not to bad at all.
Don't expect any frills but for a night or two would be OK.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We were on a road trip and picked up a "Roomsaver" book at a tourist information center. This was very helpful because it was impossible to see motels from the freeway there. Not only did the book tell us where the motels were, we got great rates, too. Our room was not large but acceptable. The decor was bright and cheerful. The bathroom was quite spacious with a large granite countertop. The breakfast area was large and the offerings very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful in suggesting places to eat. We always find Fairfield Inns a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel just recently on our way to Florida and then again on our way back home. The staff "Madeline" remembered us on our stay coming back. The decor and comfort of the rooms is A+. Breakfast was delicious. On our return trip when we checked in at 10:00 p.m. we were told that breakfast would be at 7:00 a.m. We bemoaned the fact that we would be leaving at 6:00 in the morning and would have to miss breakfast. Much to our surprise, the next morning as we entered the lobby to check out the desk clerk informed us that he had started the breakfast buffet early for us so that we wouldn't miss it. WOW!!!! Amazing service at this hotel. I highly recommend staying here. Very reasonable rates also.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2010

We used the hotel to do a small overnight conference. The hotel was really nice.

Great breakfast layout
Awesome room (even had an IPod doc!!)
All employee's I dealt with were very pleasant and professional

Would stay there again

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2010

The hotel was beautiful and located in a peaceful environment. The set-up of the hotel showed a high level of organization and much thought about the clients, encompassing the gym facilities, pool and the good rooms off-course. The beds were so comfortable and the heating system good in our room. I specially liked the fact that our room was spotless clean. Security was nothing to worry about, it was actually refreshing to realise that the hotel staff would do anything to assist anybody, therefore making our stay worthwhile.They were very warm and welcoming, their service was extremely good and highly recommendable. The food was great too and breakfast catered by all means for the wide variety of choices.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2010

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were fresh, clean, bright, and relaxing. I stayed in a suite, which was incredible. Mini spots-lights above the bed, 2 large lcd t.v.s, very comfortable bed, pull out couch for the kids, fridge, microwave, everything. Great window treatments and decor. I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Residence Inn Southington
Residence Inn Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville? Share your experiences!