“Good hotel and conference centre for business”

Cevahir Hotel Istanbul Asia
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maltepe
Pembroke, United Kingdom
“Good hotel and conference centre for business”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed at the Cevahir in January 2014 for a business conference. Convenient location approx 40 minutes from the airport. Hotel finished to a high standard, with good quality rooms and a definite conference centre feel.

Front views towards the water are lovely, but the view from my room over the building site and quite run-down housing (think chickens crowing from 5am and dogs barking all night) at the rear of the hotel was a real contrast. Make sure you ask for a room towards the front if you want a view. I would;t normally make a fuss about noise, but the dogs were barking and fighting most of the night and I could hear them well enough to be disturbed from my sleep both nights several times. Also struggled for hot water in the sink on both nights and the shower on the second night.

The staff were efficient, polite and business-like. Service was prompt and the hotel in general was exactly what you would expect for a modern conference hotel venue.

The gym was excellent, with a wide range of equipment and a trainer/coach watching over things all the time.

Breakfast was very good, with a wide range of cooked foods, fresh fruit, pastures etc on offer. Service here was efficient. Lunch was a bit of a let-down as there was a very large conference also in the centre and the staff had not advised our smaller group of this. We found ourselves queuing in line with over a hundred people for a lunch buffet. The staff brought some soup and encouraged us to wait, but on a conference this is not possible as there is work to do and lunch needs to be swift/timely.

Overall a very clean, modern and well-equipped hotel and a good conference venue. Wouldn't recommend for families/holidays really, but thats just my opinion and others may disagree.

Would book again, but I would be more careful about the rooms chosen and also about checking that staff have planned for conference lunch timings.

I have rated 4 overall as it was nearly all there - the attention to detail let it down, but it is definitely above average, so 3 would have been harsh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water - not the chickens and dogs at the rear/side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Chisinau, Moldova
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The Cevahir Hotel offers everything that a traveller on business may need. It looks really nice both inside and out, the Internet connection is reliable, there are some modern gadgets like remote controlled window blinds, the bathroom amenities are in abundance except a bathrobe. It was good to have an opportunity to make tea and coffee in the room. The only problem was a long distance from the city center which was a real problem to cover because of heavy traffic and regular traffic jams.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Irina S
hhhhhhhh
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

“Friendly Staff / Great value”

This was my first stay at the gevahier and we were extremely satisfied with everything about this wonderful boutique hotel. The staff were all efficient and friendly. From the front desk, to the bellman, and the very helpful and courteous hostess at the morning buffet. The room was spacious and very clean. You can't beat the location if you want to be near the Asia Istanbul district.

• Stayed November 2013
Paris, France
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Generally not a bad hotel but with some lack of care to cleanliness of the room like the trash can in the room still with some garbage when I arrived, some dirt spots on the bathroom sink, restaurant table linen with the same dirt spots two days in a row. Also no hot water in the bathroom sink. However, I had a good experience with a very tasty starter for the dinner called goat cheese broulee. That was really good. Another low score for its location, although facing the Bosphorus strait, very far from other nice areas of the same road with many restaurants and bars. Always needed to take a cab to go anywhere.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel for 2 nights in a business trip.. Staff very friendly and speaks english and french.. Rooms are very clean and are new with a nice design.. And finally internet connexion was really good which is very rare in hotels.. I totally recommend the hotel..

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Zeeyad
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed with my wife and kids in this hotel for a one week vacation we had two connected rooms. We had minor incidents at first while we were there but the staff responded very quickly. I would definitely stay there again. We had such a good time in Turkey that I can’t wait to visit it again. I would highly recommend their Spa it was such a good overall experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adana, Turkey
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel several times and it was wonderful. Generally I come Istanbul for business and when I stay in Asia side I generally prefer Cevahir Hotel. Staffs are sincere and friendly. I did not use room service and I can not say anything about it. I only come to hotel at nights and room condition is good, big enough and clean. Hotel is good located and very convenient to go somewhere in Istanbul. This is very important issue for me, because I also go somewhere in Istanbul because of my job. Also breakfast is same as equivalent hotels. If you stay in five stars hotels, this hotel will meet your expectations. I guess the best hotel in Asia side to stay.

Room Tip: I can't give any advise, but my room was ok.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gezgin01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maltepe
Burgu Arjaan by Rotana
#270 of 1,135 in Istanbul
Aydinoglu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Maltepe
Titanic Business Kartal
#63 of 1,135 in Istanbul
Kadıköy
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Moda

Been to Cevahir Hotel Istanbul Asia? Share your experiences!