“omg the onion rings are worth the trip”
Review of Hank's Dairy Bar

Hank's Dairy Bar
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Plainfield
Reviewed May 31, 2013

this place is excellent. I was born and raised in the Griswold area, but moved to Rhode Island 7 years ago. starting in march I start to look at their website daily for opening day, I drive to over an hour at leaste 4-5 times in the summer just to go to hanks.
their onion rings are home made and unlike any you will ever have, the lobster roll is so good I want one right now! everyone from the ri/ct/ or mass area i am sure remembers the once famed rocky point amusement park and shore dinner hall. Rocky points clam cakes will always be best....but if you ever have a craving for them then hanks is the place to go because they almost taste exact !!!!!
no matter what you choose to get...u must no matter what get a side of the onion rings to go with your order.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hank's is a classic dairy bar located in Plainfield, CT. My wife and I enjoy our Semi-annual trips out to Hank's for some good "Junk Food". The nostalgic atmosphere will bring back memories of childhood Summers.

Lot's of "Specialty" choices on the menu too (Creative Burger and Dog concoctions)

1  Thank Capt_Mikevit
Reviewed April 26, 2013

There's nothing quite like sitting on a picnic table enjoying fish and chips or a mouth watering hamburger at Hank's. It's a ritual, once Hank's opens the fun begins. The prices are very reasonable and a great place to take the family. There are nights when you can sit back and relax and enjoy some great music and let the kids play on the swings.

When all is said and done, nothing completes the night like a soft serve ice cream cone, linger a while over the flavor and satisfaction and be careful not to let it drip down your arm!!

All in all when your in town stop by for friendly service and a real treat.

1  Thank Maggie06234
Reviewed January 30, 2013

As a kid, my brothers and I used to ride our bikes to this very awesome place. As a teenager, with my first car, we used do the burn outs leaving Hank;s. My family and I have moved from Plainfield many years ago. BUT, going to Hank's when we come to PLainfield is an absolute MUST. It is all I talk about with my kids on the ride. So, now it has become my two sons MUST stops when they come to CT.

My all time favorite is their clam cakes. Yummy, yummy, yummy I have tried to make clam cakes myself. Never taste like Hank's. So every time I go to Hank's, the only thing I order on their menu is the large clam cakes and a large cherry slush.

My wife has always loved, loved, loved, their whole belly clams.

This place has been around for a very long time and is ABSOLUTELY worth the trip. I will be there when they open in March. Can't wait.

PS, make sure you get the ice cream sandwich.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Hanks celebrated its 55th anniversary this week with lines even during the mid week day for lunch. This is the place to go in the spring and summer for old fashioned outdoor picnic tables and the best fried food around. And let's not forget soft serve ice cream. They have very good seafood, burgers, and are known for their homemade lobster rolls, chowder and cole slaw. I love their chicken and their cheeseburgers. And I always enjoy my baby sized ice cream cone for dessert. There is entertainment outdoors on the weekends, a playground for the kids, picnic tables, and lots of old fashioned summer family fun.

1  Thank AureleKamm