“Excellent Value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Norwich-Plainfield-Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed April 20, 2008

We were very pleased with our one-night stay. Room and overall property was very clean and was surprised by amenities offered--granite top vanity, excellent bedding/mattresses and LARGE, fluffy towels (better that most hotels we stayed in for much more $$$)! Only complaint was that tub drained very slowly; reported to front desk. Rooms were small, but fine for short stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed March 10, 2008

Booked a room for our trip to the Casinos. Got there early in the day around 3:30PM, property was pretty empty. Get to our room all looks OK. Get back around 1:30AM fall asleep and realize our room is right above the Lobby. Right above the Front Door. So everytime someone opens the door we were woken up.

Complained in the morning, just to let the property manager know that the room is great, but the location is horrible and was given a measly 10% off. Not that I was looking for a free night or anything, but you think they would tell you are right above the lobby.

Anyways, you get hat you pay for I guess...

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 15, 2007

Not a bad place but not great either. The room was well appointed and about average in size. The shower pressure was a bit lacking and for some reason there was not switch for a fan in the bathroom. We would probably stay here again based on it's location while visiting family. There is not that much else in the area. The price was fair.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fourwaystreet
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I booked a room here when I was planning to spend the weekend playing poker at Foxwoods. I live two hours away, so having a hotel close-by was important.

The Holiday Inn Express is about 15 minutes from Mohegan Sun, and about 20 minutes from Foxwoods. They're right off of I-395, and surrounded by fast food franchises, a supermarket, and a CVS, for whatever you might need in a hurry. They also serve the typical continental breakfast fare in the lobby.

I had the "King Suite". Basically, it was a large room with a king-sized very comfortable mattress and a couch that pulled out into a bed, so the room sleeps four comfortably. Everything I saw at the hotel was very clean... great bathroom, really nice room, and a very good thermostat that actually kept the room at the temperature I set.

Next time I'm looking to stay near the casinos (and not pay the $300+/night weekend rates there) I'll be back. I rarely drink alcohol, so the fact that I had to drive after being at the casino wasn't a problem for me... if you book a room here, please don't drink at the casinos and then drive.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank IntegralPoker
Reviewed August 4, 2007

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Plainfield because of a wedding I was attending at a nearby resort. The building appears to be fairly new and was easily accessible from the highway.
My check-in was very smooth, but the same was not true for the bride. She was booked for a suite, but there was some sort of miscommunication between the front desk and cleaning staff which resulted in her being moved into three different rooms before finally being put into the appropriate suite.
My room was very clean with a king size bed. The A/C worked great, the bathroom was well-lit with oversized towels, and a great showerhead. My check-out was smooth.
The suite in this hotel is well worth the extra $100. Huge kitchen with stainless steel appliances, living room with seating for 6 or 7 people and a huge, bright bedroom.
The hotel also had an indoor pool and continental breakfast. This was a good stay that served our needs.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Writer312
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Stay here for one night. The front desk clerk is very friendly and accomodating. The room is very clean. There are plenty of clean towels and they are not stingy with toiletries. Breakfast is very good and a staff is there to help with anything.
The hotel is about 20 minutes to Mohegan Sun and Norwich.
Overall, this is a very good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank mary001
Reviewed February 24, 2007

This is just a regular nice hotel, but I give it 5 stars for the great value. We always stay at this hotel when visiting Mohegan Sun. It's only about 20 minutes away and it's so much cheaper than staying at the casino ($80-$120 here vs. $400 to stay at Mohegan on the weekends). I think they also have a casino shuttle service for a fee, but we always drive. The rooms are always clean and are pretty new and they have decent toiletries for a budget hotel. Also, the free breakfast is pretty good, especially the cinnamon rolls. Mostly cereals, pastries, bagels, etc. Good value for the money!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chachakaboom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainfield
Quality Inn Plainfield
Hampton Inn Norwich
#1 of 6 in Norwich
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Norwich-Plainfield-Casino? Share your experiences!