“Expected more”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Sacramento
“Expected more”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am assuming Eli's was short on wait staff when we visited, because we waited a L-O-N-G time to both place our orders and receive our food. Our waters ran dry. Prime rib is a specialty on their menu but it was very fatty and tough. I had a hard time getting my knife thru the gristle (gristle in prime rib - really???). Our server said the baked potato came with butter and sour cream, but we had to ask for the sour cream and then she charged us for it. The sauteed veggies were good. I'd give Eli's a "poor" rating but there really are no other steak houses in the immediate area to give them any competition. Meh.

Visited April 2012

CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steaks around!!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I live in the area, and my family and I eat at Eli's about once a month. I am very picky about my steaks and how there cooked (i like it med-rare) and they are the only restaurant that cooks my steak perfect every time, and the portion sizes are worth every penny! The staff is always friendly, the atmosphere is great, i love the western theme! If you havent been yet, you need to check it out!!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank babs0128
“Do you like cold steak?”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Worse prime rib I ever had. The service took way too long, by the time I receive my prime rib it was stone cold. Waitress also was quite rude and wouldn't keep different tabs for the table. A great night ruined by a crappy restaurant.

3 Thank Andy831
Connecticut
“Nothing to rave about”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Tried Eli's two years ago when it opened and my pasta came out cold. Tried again this past week and was still disappointed. Food is average at best. Ordered a chicken cesar wrap and I think they decided to substitute crutons for chicken. One tiny chunk of chicken in an entire wrap doesn't give you the right to call it a "chicken" wrap... Service is lackluster too. You'd think they would be super attentive at 2:00 on a Monday afternoon but that wasn't the case. Had to wait forever for food. If you're in the Plainfield area and looking for something to eat keep driving (Unless its summer - go to Hank's Dairy Bar). Mohegan Sun & Foxwoods are close by and have MUCH better options than mediocre Eli's. Won't be back.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank cwask
worcester
“Best meatball sandwich around!”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My wife and I have been to this restaurant and I must tell you people to try this restaurant just 1 time. I can gaurantee you will go back for more. It is clean, friendly, and the food is simply "OUTSTANDING". I enjoy a meatball sandwich with sauteed onions and peppers, and they did it perfect. Actually the last 3 times I have been there I have got the meatball sandwich and I can hardly finish it. I spoke to the owners and told them how much I enjoyed their restaurant and they are very friendly people. GREAT JOB ELI'S!

• Visited June 2011