“New owner, still great!”
Review of Mia's Cafe

Mia's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Pawcatuck
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Mia's Cafe is located on the Pawcatuck river in the beautiful Westerly- Pawcatuck Community. Breakfast every day 7 am- 2 pm Lunch every day at 11 am Dinner hours are seasonal- we are always serving dinner Friday & Saturday's. Full Bar always available- Craft Beers, Cocktails and Wine. Hand crafted baked goods from Scones, Muffins & Cornbread to freshly baked bread and yummy Desserts! Daily specials for all meal periods. Steaks, Fresh Local Seafood, Pasta and Gluten free pasta, Vegetarian, Create your own Burgers! Take Out or catering trays always available. FREE Parking behind our building, safe and clean parking on Coggswell Street.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have been a big fan of Prime Time ever since moving to Pawcatuck 10 years ago. Though well known for it's awesome weekend brunch menu, I, like other recent reviewers feel Prime Time has never gotten the attention it deserves for it's dinner fare. My wife and I have probably had dinner at Prime Time over 75 times in the last 10 years and I have never had anything below a 4 star meal. Though both of us almost always choose seafood, which is always fresh and perfectly cooked, with wonderful sauces, salsas and other embellishments, as well as great vegetables and sides (love their mashed sweet potatoes and risottos),

Recently, ownership changed, and Prime Time had a bit of a makeover, though the chef, Dave, and his scrumptious recipes remain. The menu has been pared back considerably, though there are some new offerings on the menu, and we understand more changes are in store in the coming days. Dinners, limited to Friday and Saturday for a few weeks, will soon be available Wed through Saturday.

We visited for the second time since Mia took the reins and we had a great meal again last night. The special soup, asian vegetable, was delicious and had big chunks of tofu. We both had main courses featuring Bomster scallops, fabulous big, succulent, scallops harvested from nearby Stonington. They were fabulous in my angel hair pasta with chokes, sundried tomatoes and garlic lemon butter sauce. My wife had her staple, a dinner salad chock full of fresh veggies and perfectly seared scallops. I had my usual dessert, a delicious blueberry crisp.

The service is prompt, the portions are generous, and for now there are ample tables available for dinner. So, what is not to like? I expect Mia will be very successful in her new venture. As a local, i am looking forward to many great meals at the revamped Prime Time!

1  Thank Michael G

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I feel this place should be listed under Westerly, RI instead because all those looking for great food, service, and drinks will miss this great place. On the river the place has a new owner is who there and has a passion for her business. I was with my daughter and we stopped by for lunch the other day after attending a good friends funeral in Westerly. My daughter had a Bloody Mary and she said it was great and I had a glass a wine and both were priced right. As for lunch, we both had salads and they were prepared fresh and had the right amount of ingredients and presentation was nice with some Texas toast on the side. It appears the owner does not cut corners on food ingredients and uses higher grade food products to insure you come back for more. I will be back and suggest anyone visiting Southeastern CT or Westerly, RI this summer stop for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and also spend some time walking around the Westerly area which is up and coming downtown, Hats off to Mia!

1  Thank UsaBusytravel
Reviewed May 28, 2014

New owner, new look, fantastic all around. A must go place if you are in the area! You will not be disappointed! great menu and wonderful daily specials!

1  Thank mgrills
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This place is AWESOME! My family and I were so pleasantly surprised by the wonderful food. We ordered so many different menu items and they were so worth it. I had a pasta dish with chicken and spinach in a creamy butternut squash sauce...OMG was it wonderful. My son had fish and chips. My husband had a fabulous chicken and risotto dish and my daughter had a really great burger. The prices were very affordable. Oh yes, they also have a full bar so it was great to have a few cocktails too. I would highly recommend this place. We don't live close by but will go out of our way if we are ever anywhere in the vicinity.
We also went for breakfast the next morning and it was fantastic. They served almond, cinnamon french toast, banana bread french toast, buttermilk pancakes, fresh baked scones and muffins, bagels and lox etc... It was incredible!

1  Thank teachin4ever
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I first went to The Prime Time Cafe for breakfast with my family after hearing positive feedback about it. Each of us got a different item off the menu and we all were extremely satisfied with our meals. We were seated immediately despite the amount of people in the restaurant and the staff was very attentive. I recently returned to try the lunch and had a similar experience. I will definitely be returning soon! Come here if you like quality food at affordable prices.