“Very Comfy Room”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pawcatuck
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Traveling from Maine back to Florida and spent one night at the Stonington LQ. Hotel and our room were immaculate and nicely decorated (only one year old). No "old smoke" smell anywhere in hotel. Beds great. Room was a little small with 2 queen beds, but suited our stay fine. Only negative was there was no where to walk or exercise our dog around the hotel and the neighboring streets were very busy. other than that, it was a very good overnight stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I blocked rooms in this hotel for my daughter's wedding. The initial contact with reservations people was rocky; lots of errors and repeat calls needed. However, when it came down to the weekend of the wedding, the few remaining problems had been ironed out, and the folks at the hotel were very amenable to helping make the weekend a good one. Rooms were clean and very nice--VERY comfy beds! There are two HUGE two bedroom suites in the hotel, a well as smaller suites. The hotel was convenient to all our weekend's activities.
The only glitch I could see was that they might need to add some cleaning staff when the hotel is full up. Seemed like they were a little overwhelmed. And, plan to get your AM coffee at the Dunkin Donuts down the road. The coffee in the breakfast buffet area wasn't so great.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank smzrb
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed for four nights at the La Quinta Inn in the second floor . The large sized rooms are clean, nice bathrooms and the overall service including the breakfast bar was good. The only, but total disappointment is the soundproofing of the walls and room doors. I could listen to every conversation and I could count every step in the adjacent rooms - very clearly - and my sleep was constantly interrupted due to noise from other guests in the hallway. The noise from outside the building was very well covered by the insulated glass used in their windows. I wish they would have thought about the noise reduction within the building also when they designed this place. That's the reason why I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed at LaQuinta for 1 night so that we can go to RI beaches. Hotel is very affordable compared to other hotels in the area. Rooms were clean and the free breakfast had a decent assortment of food. We used the pool which was on the chilly side, small but the kids loved it after being on the beach all day. I would definitely stay here again. Its close to the casino, RI beaches and Mystic.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We were a bit concerned about staying here after the unflattering reviews. Fortunately, we were pleasantly surprised ! While there were a few problems with our reservations, in the end, everything worked out fine. You may want to call the day before you arrive, just to confirm that your reservation is as it should be. The hotel itself was very clean and new. We found the breakfast to be well stocked and most employees pleasant to deal with. The pool area was very clean and we enjoyed having that amenity available after a long, hot day at the beach. In addition, the location couldn't be beat ! We were centrally located and were able to get whatever we needed very easily....Stop & Shop, Dunkin' Donuts, a movie theater and restaurants, etc. were very close by. We stayed here so that we could enjoy the lovely beach and town of Watch Hill, RI. It's only about a 10-15 minute ride. When checking out, the manager was very professional, pleasant, and made sure that any concerns were taken care of accordingly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I stayed at the La Quinta just one night after attending a concert at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods Casino. The hotel is less than 15 minutes away and much more reasonably priced than any of the rooms at the casino. Overall, my stay was positive. The hotel was clean, felt safe, and was staffed with friendly people. My room was spacious, modern, and the bed was super comfortable. Plus, they offer a nice complimentary breakfast, have a fitness center and swimming pool, and had plenty of newspapers available in the morning. The one flaw in my stay was caused by the people in the room next to me. I was in a room that shared a door with the neighboring room. They were, let's just say, having 'intimate relations' all day and night, and the door served as an amplifier, not that they needed one. I asked to be moved to another room, but the place was full, so I suffered. It was awkward, but the staff did offer to call up to the noisy room. My only advice would be to ask for a room without a door connecting two rooms. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I'm not sure why this hotel isn't getting amazing reviews from everyone! I booked La Quinta for a 2 night stay with my boyfriend. We were going to Misquamicut Beach and the casinos, so this hotel was perfect since it was close to everything we wanted to do. As soon as we pulled up I knew I picked a great place. It's gorgeous! The staff were friendly and gave us our room very quickly. The room was spectacular - very clean, and everything was brand new! It was also decorated very nicely, with matching carpeting/sheets/linens. The bathroom was a great size and I loved the shower. The La Quinta also has a nice indoor pool, an exercise room, a washer/dryer unit, and a beautiful contintental breakfast room. The entire hotel is decorated very beautifully, and it's an amazing place to stay. I never get good sleep in hotel beds, but I woke up feeling refreshed and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody who was thinking about going there!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bb1625
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pawcatuck
Pleasant View Inn
Holiday Inn Express Mystic
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington? Share your experiences!