“Nice hotel - but no sleep!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pawcatuck
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed for four nights at the La Quinta Inn in the second floor . The large sized rooms are clean, nice bathrooms and the overall service including the breakfast bar was good. The only, but total disappointment is the soundproofing of the walls and room doors. I could listen to every conversation and I could count every step in the adjacent rooms - very clearly - and my sleep was constantly interrupted due to noise from other guests in the hallway. The noise from outside the building was very well covered by the insulated glass used in their windows. I wish they would have thought about the noise reduction within the building also when they designed this place. That's the reason why I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed at LaQuinta for 1 night so that we can go to RI beaches. Hotel is very affordable compared to other hotels in the area. Rooms were clean and the free breakfast had a decent assortment of food. We used the pool which was on the chilly side, small but the kids loved it after being on the beach all day. I would definitely stay here again. Its close to the casino, RI beaches and Mystic.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We were a bit concerned about staying here after the unflattering reviews. Fortunately, we were pleasantly surprised ! While there were a few problems with our reservations, in the end, everything worked out fine. You may want to call the day before you arrive, just to confirm that your reservation is as it should be. The hotel itself was very clean and new. We found the breakfast to be well stocked and most employees pleasant to deal with. The pool area was very clean and we enjoyed having that amenity available after a long, hot day at the beach. In addition, the location couldn't be beat ! We were centrally located and were able to get whatever we needed very easily....Stop & Shop, Dunkin' Donuts, a movie theater and restaurants, etc. were very close by. We stayed here so that we could enjoy the lovely beach and town of Watch Hill, RI. It's only about a 10-15 minute ride. When checking out, the manager was very professional, pleasant, and made sure that any concerns were taken care of accordingly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I stayed at the La Quinta just one night after attending a concert at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods Casino. The hotel is less than 15 minutes away and much more reasonably priced than any of the rooms at the casino. Overall, my stay was positive. The hotel was clean, felt safe, and was staffed with friendly people. My room was spacious, modern, and the bed was super comfortable. Plus, they offer a nice complimentary breakfast, have a fitness center and swimming pool, and had plenty of newspapers available in the morning. The one flaw in my stay was caused by the people in the room next to me. I was in a room that shared a door with the neighboring room. They were, let's just say, having 'intimate relations' all day and night, and the door served as an amplifier, not that they needed one. I asked to be moved to another room, but the place was full, so I suffered. It was awkward, but the staff did offer to call up to the noisy room. My only advice would be to ask for a room without a door connecting two rooms. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I'm not sure why this hotel isn't getting amazing reviews from everyone! I booked La Quinta for a 2 night stay with my boyfriend. We were going to Misquamicut Beach and the casinos, so this hotel was perfect since it was close to everything we wanted to do. As soon as we pulled up I knew I picked a great place. It's gorgeous! The staff were friendly and gave us our room very quickly. The room was spectacular - very clean, and everything was brand new! It was also decorated very nicely, with matching carpeting/sheets/linens. The bathroom was a great size and I loved the shower. The La Quinta also has a nice indoor pool, an exercise room, a washer/dryer unit, and a beautiful contintental breakfast room. The entire hotel is decorated very beautifully, and it's an amazing place to stay. I never get good sleep in hotel beds, but I woke up feeling refreshed and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody who was thinking about going there!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bb1625
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My friend and I stayed at the La Quinta. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was worthless. No phone books in the rooms, no guest book of what to do in the room. Ask the staff, they are clueless. No shuttle to the casino 7 miles away. Only one Taxi service services the La Quinta. Waited 40 minutes for yellow cab to bring us and 40 minutes back to the hotel for a whopping $60.00.
Had continental breakfast. The pancake batter was spoiled. When I told a staff member she said it is fresh this morning and walked away. Yes, my dear but the ingredients you used were bad... We took a vote in the dining room and everyone agreed it was spoiled. The staff lady was irritated because we interupted her while she was reading the newspaper which was the only one available.
No "Do Not Disturb" signs. They were limited and had to find one in a different room.
Plan on driving 10 to 15 minutes for anything except Dunkin Donuts. It is in the middle of no where.
I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Although the Hotel is New and Clean, I would not stay again due to the shortage of staff along with the lack of customer service. Normally i won't stay in a hotel that has a lot of bad remarks but in this case I said it's new and can't be that bad. We stayed one night and the service from the check in to some requested items was terrible. We payed over $200 for this place. i think it's the LLC Management company that is the problem. Not sure if they know what the hospitality business is like. Maybe they are in another business. anyway, beware. Another problem with the wind blowing the windows made a howling sound during the night. Not good. the fitness center had one each of three different machines which isn't a realy problem for a property this size, but the machines they purchase for there are cheap machines. My treadmill at home is better quality.Good luck

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pawcatuck
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
6 mi away
Hilton Mystic
Hilton Mystic
#5 of 13 in Mystic

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington? Share your experiences!