“Coromandel is By Far the Best Indian Restaurant”
Review of Coromandel

Coromandel
Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I went to many many Indian restaurants and Coromandel is by far the best !
I highly recommend the buffet on Saturday & Sunday, the food is delicious (I consider it gourmet), nice variety, beautiful display, the best service and great prices.
Don't miss out, this is not your typical Indian food restaurant - everything I tasted on the buffet was superb !

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I decided to try out Coromandel restaurant and we're so glad we did. Price is reasonable, staff is warm and welcoming, and overall feeling is cozy. We tried several dishes since we were at lunch buffet and one by one it was fabulous and delicious. The plate was filling but at the same time you can finish your plate.

The dimly lit bar greets patrons upon their arrival, its stock of every brown liquor under the sun displayed on the shelves
The lamb was well seasoned. The chicken was kicked up with a slightly spicy marinade and had the pleasant taste of a slight char. All were served on a bed of vegetable couscous accompanied with some fennel butter and spicy, peppery sauce. The dish was earth-shattering and it’s a safe choice.
The space is simple, but colorful with out-door sitting and the overall look is somewhat elegant South Indian. The atmosphere is warmth with excellent hospitality. Servers were well-versed in the menu, which is imperative for newbies. We definitely plan on going again!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We have been going to this wonderful restaurant since it opened about 7 years ago. The decor is colorful with a slightly modern Indian slant. The staff has always been attentive, unpretentious, and gracious. Now, for the food.
We have always gone each time with the goal of trying something new. A few days ago we tried as an appetizer a stuffed flat bread with several dipping sauces, one with lentils, one with green coconut and spices, and a third red sauce, slightly spicy. Then we tried a crab and shrimp dish served in a crisp bread bowl that was also delicious. Finally we chose from the vegetarian menu a yellow lentil dish that was also lovely.
Every time we have visited this restaurant we have been treated to a wonderful variety of flavors and spices, and always left looking forward to our next visit. The owner, Matthew Jacob makes a point to visiting with his guests during the meal which enhances the experience.
This is one of the finest Indian restaurants that we have tried over the years, and we can recommend it without reservations. We are sure your visit will be wonderful as well.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I tried Indian food in many restaurants at New Haven area. You can't compare any
of them with Coromandel. Amazing food and service !! I can say quality food, professional service in a welcoming ambience.
Last time we tried Goat curry and Boti kabab masala (both dishes were new in the menu) with a garlic naan. loved it !! flavors of the fresh spices are tempting me to eat more... Specialty cocktails are very unique.
Patio seating is new at coromandel. Looks cool . Since it was a breezy day we dined inside.

I highly recommend this place for great Indian food !

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Recently, had the opportunity to try Coromandel. I colleague from work recommended the restaurant's lunchbox menu and their lunch buffet. I opted for their chicken lunch box for the bargain price of $7.50. The lunch box included sauteed and curried eggplant (you may select a vegetable option), basmati rice, and two pieces of naan bread. They also offer vegetable, lamb/beef, tandoori and seafood lunch boxes.

The meal was very good and fulfilling. I had leftovers for either that night or the next day. If you're in the area you may want to consider joining their lunch club. Buy five lunches and the 6th is free.

The restaurant is Zagat rated and was voted "Best Indian Restaurant" in the 2012 New Haven Advocate. I see why. I'm looking forward to my next lunch or maybe even dinner.