“Choose another hotel”

Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband has stayed here once and said it was Ok. We stayed for one night when my son had a very early baseball game. I would not stay there again. The lobby is new and thats it. It was 100+ degrees outside and the staff wasn't sure if they had a functioning ice machine. I couldn't take a deep breath in the room for the moldy smell. There was black mold growing in the shower, and the room was so damp and cold it was ridiculous. My recommendation: stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rainescape
jtcarpen, General Manager at Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Rainescape,

I am the new General Manager of the hotel.

Reading your critique of the hotel I can understand your frustration and decision not to choose our hotel for your next visit to the New Haven area. I offer my sincerest apology that you were given a room that was not up to the high standard of Courtyard by Marriott.

I can assure you that as the new General Manager I am working with the team to solve the issues that you mentioned as they are not acceptable. Mildew removal in the room is top priority for the maintenance and housekeeping staff.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss the matter further.

Jeff Carpenter
203-799-2200 Ext. 6001

There are newer reviews for Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I just stayed at the Courtyard this past Friday evening and the hotel itself was fine and as expected. What was disappointing was that the balacony and the chairs on it were covered in bird droppings. It was a beautiful night and you could not enjoy the weather as a result. It was disgusting!!! I recommend the hotel clean the balconies with a good power wash and some disinfectent. Room was a typical Courtyard room and location was right off 95 which was great. Breakfast was average. I had request extra pillows and towels for my room when I made my reservation and none of that was provided. Also all ice machines were not working.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This was my 3rd stay at the hotel; I stayed for 2 weeks on the 2nd floor which faced inwards to the courtyard. As with staying on the 1st floor you can hear everything above you so I would recommend getting a 3rd floor room. I think in the summer it would NOT be a good idea to face towards the pool, too noisy. The desk staff were friendly but the room servicing this time was awful, last time it was awesome. When we arrived I found the bathroom sink dirty and there was a used coffee filter in the machine AND the filter drawer was kind of slimy! Gross. I had my own detergent and anti-bac wipes so I cleaned it and then went about wiping down every other surface because I didn't trust that the room was clean. From the 2nd day onwards I wasn't given any glasses and in the 2nd week I didn't get coffee cups on some days either. On other days I didn't get washcloths or we were short a towel or two. If I was alone it would be fine but traveling with a toddler you need wash cloths! But, apart from that I still like the furnishings of this hotel, plenty of storage space, hangers, desk and table space for eating and play. I also like having a fridge and microwave. Our fridge appeared broken though (constantly dripping from the freezer) and the sink tap dripped constantly too. Surprising that housekeeping never reported it so I had to, both are kind of hard NOT to notice. I also had an issue with the internet and basically I had to contact the internet provider myself to resolve it because neither the desk staff nor maintenance guy could help (they sent a maintenance guy to my room to give me the internet provider's phone number!) The internet can be slow in the evenings so Skype chats were a bit inconsistent. I also had to pay $1.50 for each load of laundry and $1.75 for a load in the dryer which is such a rip off but you can't exactly wash and dry jeans in the sink. I like this hotel but I was a little annoyed this time round.

Room Tip: Sleep on 3rd floor and face outwards in the summer and inwards in the winter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Saffy2
Reviewed May 14, 2012

1 night weekday stay, hotel is right off I-95. Older Courtyard property with new lobby, bed was fine, plenty of restaurants on Boston Post Road less than 1 mile away.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I booked a block of rooms here for our wedding. When people called to make reservations either no one answered the phone, they were told no rooms were left in the block (when we were told there were plenty by the sales office), or their reservation was screwed up one way or the other (name misspelled, two rooms booked instead of one, etc). My husband called one time and someone actually answered the phone saying "housekeeping." After a ton of communication with the sales office, the problems with the reservations kept continuing. We were not confident that things would not be screwed up further when the guests arrived so we made the difficult decision to move the entire block to another hotel two weeks before the wedding.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Adrienne K
Reviewed April 23, 2012

One night stay for business - average hotel. Nice lobby with food counter. We did opt to change rooms as our first room had a funky odor - 2nd room was fine and we had no issues getting it changed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2012

If you go, unplug the refrig. It kept cycling all night, it woke us up each time since it was so loud. The wake up call didn't happen, thank god there was noise outside our room and I woke up. Check the bathroom when you get to the room, you may need to call for bath towls. They were very nice and brought what I needed quickly. The staff is pleasant. Their rates are reasonable,it was clean, I would sty again, but I would immediately unplug that refrigerator.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
New Haven Village Suites
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven
Courtyard New Haven at Yale
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale

Been to Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford? Share your experiences!