“Very good but a bit of difficulty with getting the orders straight”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ola Restaurant

Ola Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Connecticut
“Very good but a bit of difficulty with getting the orders straight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

A group of six dined here (we have been here many times before) on Friday evening.

Food was very fresh and very good but perhaps it was a language barrier or just a very busy evening, Some of the orders were slightly off..wrong vegetable or sidedish, etc

It certainly would not keep me from another visit but it does keep me from giving a 5 star review.
Other than that, very nice, plenty of parking, good drinks-

• Visited August 2012

“Lots of Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Went based on reviews and it was our anniversary so we wanted something just a bit special. The atmosphere encourages romance & mystery. Dark & windy paths to isolated tables just what you want set the mood. The server was dull, efficient but dull, fortunately another gent came over to speak to us but not sure what his role is. He had a friendly manner & provided us with some personality that dull boy is lacking. The app was great-lobster ques, entree - mahi mahi - plenty of it but overdone, purple fingerling potatoes-not for me; hubby ordered rice w/seafood & chourico-said it was very strong but good. Dessert was tres leches--out of this world! Would return - bring friends it could be a fun night!!

• Visited August 2012
“Never Disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nestled in the middle of tiny little plaza, one could easily miss or dismiss this place! You know, it's on the post road near TGIFriday's and WASABI, you might think it's not worth the visit. Well, you'd be so very wrong. Since my husband and I found this place about four years ago, we go about every 2 months or so! Chef Melvin Lopez and his brother run a well oiled, exquisite machine. First of all the service is always amazing, with knowledgable and friendly servers. The drinks are expertly shakin, stirred or anything and everything in between; just delicious. I can honestly say, I have ordered absolutely everything on the menu from appetizers to desserts and can sum it up in one word...foodgasmic! The dishes are not just beautifully plated, but passionately created, perfectly seasoned, precisely cooked, and decadently enjoyed each and very time! Don't pass this one up!! Most sites indicate it as "Mexican", now.. Don't get me wrong I LOVE ME SOME MEXICAN FOOD, but I wouldn't classify Ola as that. It's definitely a Nuevo Latino Cusine that is sure to please and inspire even the most critical foodie! Oh, and remember.. If it's the weekend, make a reservation!! ¡Buen Provecho!

2 Thank Srodz1008
milford CT
“Money well spent on delicious food and drink...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

On the advice of some friends, my husband and I gave this restaurant a try. What a great surprise! We parked in front and went downstairs to the restaurant. There is also parking in the back. Cute restaurant, larger than expected, and already half-full of patrons although it was early in the evening. The drink menu is fun, including about a dozen specialty mojitos. We had regular mojitos ($8 each) and they were right up there with the best ones we have ever had! Service was prompt and thoughtful, not at all pushy or bothersome. Menu is very creative. We each had a fish entree ($22 and $24), both large portions, fresh, very flavorful. We also shared the calamari. Oh, the hot fresh rolls and dipping sauce we received upon being seated were to die for! Would definitely return.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank karenm58
Oxford
“Good for a special occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We went with another couple. I did not care for my mango mojito but my husband's coconut mojito was excellent. My friend also liked her margarita. The lobster quesadilla that other have written about was just ok. The tuna tartar was the way to go for an appetizer. I had the tuna over white beans for my dinner and it was very good--a thick cut and cooked rare at my request. I had some left over for lunch the next day. My husband ordered ribs; they were tender but I found the barbecue sauce to be too sweet. The coffee was excellent--even the decaf. The only dessert that we tried was the cheesecake. It was average. Service was good. Prices are on the high side. Atmosphere was pleasant.

• Visited June 2012

Been to Ola Restaurant? Share your experiences!