“Good selection of fajitas. Taco salad grande is excellent with guacamole and chicken.”

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #17 of 83 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We have been going here for several years. My wife really liked the chicken monterey ranch fajitas. I usually get the taco grande salad with chicken. We share the black beans and rice that comes with the fajitas.
I recommend this place to all our friends. Clean and usually minimal wait time on weekends.

There are newer reviews for On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went there last night with friends...service was all right - got a chip refill, but not a salsa refill without asking. 2 of us had food that was good, 1 did not. Looked like her plate had sat under the lights till ours was ready. Rice was dry, as were black beans. We, however, didn't feel rushed, and had plenty of time to chat.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Do yourself a favor and avoid this restaurant. I'm not a huge mexican food fan to begin with, so this was just an overpriced Taco bell to me, but my Fiance swears it's better. My problem was the service. We waited for an eternity for the waitress to take our orders, then waited a long time again for the food (2 Taco salads), but what made the experience, really bad was that before even bringing us the meal, she asked us if we were ready for desert!?!? Really???

Reviewed December 10, 2012

As my title says, the food was good, but it wasn't fantastic. The best part of my meal were the chicken fajitas we ordered as an appetizer; those were really good...our entrees were good too, but nothing amazing. I would eat here again probably if I were in the mood for this cuisine.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

A group of about twenty of us gathered there recently to say good-bye to a couple of friends moving out of town. We planned to stay for cocktails and dinner. We never got that far. The service was terrible. Some people never even had their order taken. What was worse, was the rude behavior on the part of the waitresses. This place has no idea about customer service. I willnever go there again. Pat

2  Thank John C