“Great little side trip.”
Review of PEZ Visitor Center

PEZ Visitor Center
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Orange
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come see and experience the PEZ brand in person. Over 4,000 square feet dedicated to all things PEZ! See the largest, most comprehensive collection of PEZ memorabilia on public display in the world, PEZ motorcycle built by Orange County Choppers, the world's largest PEZ dispenser, viewing area into our production area, PEZ trivia game, factory store, interactive historical time line and much more. Learn about the brand that has been inspiring and innovating since 1927! Open 7 days! Easy access off I-95 at exit 41 in Orange, Connecticut. Plenty of free parking!
Reviewed January 29, 2014

PEZ PEZ PEZ!

A member of my family (someone who we all are a little embarrassed about) is a big Pez-head. It might have something to do with the fact that I had accidentally dropped him on his head many times as an infant (that's another story for another day), but we found ourselves driving along I-95 from Boston to New York City when we saw a sign that perked him up: Pez Factory!

All recent reviews of this delightful little side trip are accurate. You pay $5 per person for admission to a relatively small museum/gift shop. Once inside, you have the opportunity to browse through a collection of Pez memorabilia and reminisce about how cool these little guys were when you were a kid. Don't forget that your admission receipt gets you $2 off any item in the store (which amounts to a Pez dispenser of your choice). Also, if you go to the cashier, you can ask to play a scavenger hunt game for a free Pez dispenser selected from their less popular items.

If you go on a weekday, you can take a peek inside the working factory. It's not particularly notable, unless you're a fan of watching minimum wage labor do its thing.

The Pez factory is not worth a special trip, unless you live within 30 minutes of the facility. But if you're passing through the area, then you absolutely should stop by for this piece of childhood.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I love the center, it's a great oppurtunity for my kid to go outside and learn about new things. Their candy dispensing wall was amazing. I bought some for my child. Great experience overall!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A rainy cold day and three bored teenagers led me to make this short road trip to see the Pez Factory. The teenagers went in with a positive attitude and we all had fun. The place was quite empty on this weekday so we essentially had the large showroom/store to ourselves. Lots of history and interactive displays gave us the history of the candy and its dispensers. There are hundreds of old Pez dispensers on display - a trip down memory lane for those of us who are a little older. But even the teens had fun looking at them, and doing the scavenger hunt (which resulted in a free Pez dispenser for those who completed it). You can see a bit of the factory floor to get a sense of what it takes to package the dispensers. Not many employees there and they do break for lunch so avoid the lunch hour if you want to see the machines working. Lots of options to apply your $2 coupon (given to each $5 paid admission): all kinds of Pez dispensers, Tshirts, and other gizmos. Also you can buy a small bucket of Pez (you chose the flavors) for $5. This factory is not far from New Haven so you can tack it on to a trip to the University or the museum at Yale.

1  Thank PDK5
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I never knew there was a PEZ visitor center around. I grew up with PEZ and my children have a collection from their younger days. Traveling on 95 north we were surprised to see a sign for PEZ.
My family pleaded with me, and traffic was stop and go and needed to stretch. The signs were very easy to follow. There was an admission charge of five dollars for adults but, each person gets a PEZ lanyard, and two dollars off a person for that day. There is also a scavenger game to complete and upon finishing, one gets a free PEZ dispenser. The location is very clean, the history is very interesting, and there are games for the kids. There are numerous PEZ merchandise to choose from. It was a nice fun break, wind memories came back.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Don't let the fact that it's called a visitor's center mislead you- it is really a museum, a peek into the PEZ production area and a gift shop all in one. My adult daughter and I saw the sign from the highway, so we decided to stop not knowing what to expect, but we are glad that we did.

The museum is bright and colorful with display cases of all the different PEZ dispensers and other memorabilia, including fun PEZ facts and history. There are windows looking into the production area, which operates during the week, not on the weekends. But, there are videos that continually run showing the production and packaging process. On the opposite side is the gift shop. Upstairs are vintage PEZ vending machines and tables to have parties or where groups can sit while visiting. Have your kids do the scavenger hunt, and each winner will take home a free PEZ dispenser!

There is a $5.00 admission fee, but on the bottom of each ticket is a coupon that gives each person $2.00 off at the gift shop. Which is great, because most of the PEZ items in the gift shop are $1.99. We spent about an hour there and smiled the entire time. Even if you don't like PEZ candy it is fun to see all the characters and dispensers.

1  Thank SDL248

Been to PEZ Visitor Center? Share your experiences!