“Pretty expensive for a gift shop.”
Review of PEZ Visitor Center

PEZ Visitor Center
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Orange
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come see and experience the PEZ brand in person. Over 4,000 square feet dedicated to all things PEZ! See the largest, most comprehensive collection of PEZ memorabilia on public display in the world, PEZ motorcycle built by Orange County Choppers, the world's largest PEZ dispenser, viewing area into our production area, PEZ trivia game, factory store, interactive historical time line and much more. Learn about the brand that has been inspiring and innovating since 1927! Open 7 days! Easy access off I-95 at exit 41 in Orange, Connecticut. Plenty of free parking!
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Don't think that this is a factory tour. There are some windows where you can see some of the factory. But it doesn't compare at all to other factory tours (Jelly Belly comes to mind). Most of the square footage is for the gift shop. You get a lanyard and a $2 off coupon per person with the $5 admission. When we got there it opened at 10:00, which was a little late.
There are a lot of PEZ dispensers, and some displays about PEZ through the decades, and a lot of different flavors of PEZ. (Some I have never heard of) There is also a PEZ customized motorcycle and a giant dispenser. So some fun photo opportunities.
They do offer free samples which you should take a lot of for two reasons: you just paid so much for admission and fresh PEZ are different from normal PEZ. In fact really fresh ones are so soft, they don't work in dispensers. Soft PEZ! Who knew?

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had teased my wife numerous times about one day visiting the Pez factory, which is clearly visible from I-95 as we drive past. I don't think my wife is a Pez fanatic/addict, but she likes her Pez.
As a beginning, despite the fact that this place got stuck with the name "factory" on TA, they refer to it as a Visitor Center, and it is a combination factory, retail store and museum.
On this trip, we could afford a brief Saturday afternoon stop on the way home, so we pulled off the highway. The route is clearly marked with plenty of signs. To our surprise, there really weren't may cars in the lot. It may not be a major tourist destination, but it's fun and it only costs $5. Despite her claims to having more of an informational/academic interest in Pez, I noticed that my wife was quickly out of the car and unhesitatingly to have her picture taken in front of the building.
Inside, you first see the Orange County Chopper's Pez tribute bike. As with all their creations, it is a wonderfully creative machine.
Stopping at the ticket window, you pay your admission and get a $2 coupon for the store, and a visitor pass on a lanyard - silly but kind of neat.
The production floor was closed while we were there, but the museum and retail areas were fully open. My wife (Remember the objective Pez observer?) spent the next hour taking numerous pictures and buying an armload of Pez merchandise.
Anyway, great fun for a nominal fee, and less than five minutes off the Interstate.
Even I liked it!

3  Thank HowlnBubba
Reviewed July 4, 2013

In researching attractions along I-95 in the Connecticut area, the Pez Visitor Center popped out. In fact, I booked my overnight stay near there just to make things convenient.

The building is located on a quiet street just two turns off the highway and near a small shopping center. Parking is free and there are plenty of spaces.

Admission is $5.00 for adults but you receive a $2 credit towards any merchandise purchase and a nice PEZ lanyard. If you're staying in the area, check your hotel's attractions display for a flyer with a $1.00 off admission coupon. In the end, admission cost me $2.00. Since the mini-museum and gift shop are in one room, you can't enter without paying.

Inside you'll find various displays of retired PEZ, a history of the company, photos of celebrities, vintage vending machines, windows looking into production, and quizzes including the option to print out a free certificate on your PEZ expertise. Merchandise includes T-shirts, buckets to fill with candy, postcards, packages of PEZ like what comes with the dispenser in more flavors, and of course a vast array of PEZ dispensers including Christmas, Disney, vintage remakes, and exclusive versions.

Your visit will probably last 30-60 minutes depending on your interest level and shopping. PEZ collectors and those who love pop culture will truly get the most out of their visit. I enjoyed mine.

1  Thank LisaKB
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you are a PEZ collector this is a pretty cool place to visit and see some of the rarer PEZ. If you are not into PEZ its more of a gift shop and probably not that great. Your admission includes a coupon towards items in the gift shop. I think on days when the factory is running you can see some of the production through windows in the gift shop. They had a pint sized bucket you could buy and fill with any flavor (mix and match) PEZ you want. There are 10+ flavors.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Walked back in time looking at the managers collection of Pez dispensers. Couldn't help but say "oh I remember that one, and that one..."
What am iconic candy that came about to cover people's smoking breath. The best part is the dispensers where you can fill a bucket with memories. In this case memories=all different PEZ flavors.

1  Thank Mutt239

Been to PEZ Visitor Center? Share your experiences!