“Very Good Place”

Dining options: Late Night
West Haven, Connecticut
“Very Good Place”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is the site of the old Humphrey's West. The menu is online and has a very good selections. I enjoyed a very good bourbon steak and a bowl of interesting New England Clam Chowder (Chowda). My wife was able to order a vegetarian meal that she enjoyed and our company enjoyed the fish & chips and NY Strip. Our waiter had to return 3 times because the bar didn't have 2 of the beers that I asked for and a drink that one in our company asked for. The waiter was able to suggest a substitute drink for my friend and brought 3 different beers for me to choose in place of the ones I originally asked for. I would say that our waiter really did a very good job. We went on a Saturday night and there was about a 45 minute wait but it was well worth it.

• Visited April 2013

Stratford, CT
“Excellent Food, Rest disappointing”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My son and I visited this establishment yesterday, March 27th. The restaurant was not busy but the Sitter who sat us chose to put us in a dark corner tiny 2 seat both. 10 Feet from us was a doorway view of a big room, well lit and with 2 couples eating there. We felt we were eating in a phone booth it was so tight. I ordered a cheddar cheese bacon buger medium cooked. It was juicy, delicious and cooked just like I ordered. The french fries were long, thin and crisp and could not have been more delicious. It was a very nice portion. My son had a grilled chicken sandwich on a Gluten Free Roll. He said his meal was delicious too. We both had diet cokes. Our server never came to ask if we wanted drink refills. Our 2 seat booth had 1 napkin and 1 set of silverware. Midway thru our meal our server came to promote some loyal program they had but he spoke so fast that we could not understand what he said. He seemed relieved when we said we were not interested. Of course we had no clue what he had said other than loyalty program. We would go back again but we would refuse the seating if the same location was ordered. Nice menu too. Service and seating a ZERO, food was excellent...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mrfoxwoods
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great Food & Service!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Every time I've been to the Wood-n-Tap I've had a good meal and great drinks! This past weekend my friend and I decided to partake in the Irish Menu. There were so many great things to pick from that we over ordered, but I love leftovers! Our waiter, Alex was great too! His fun personality added to the experience and we left smiling :) I highly recommend stopping in..I know I'll be back again soon!

• Visited March 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Good burger!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The burger was very good, and the rueben was very good. Only thing was the service wasn't so good and it wasn't busy when we were there so there's no excuse for it!

Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Great Bison Burger”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've been to Wood-n-Tap a few times and find their menu to have a good selection of American style entrees. Recently, I tried their Bison burger with sweet potato fries and was extremely impressed. Absolutely delicious! I ordered the burger medium-well and appreciated that it came to my table the way I order it. Not always the case.The burger is very filling.

You can also order it in bites which are mini versions of the burger. The service is great. Staff is very attentive whether your party is small or large.

Looking for a good Bison burger. Look no further. So far I've eaten the burger at two of their locations in Connecticut. Looking forward to adding a third.

• Visited January 2013