“Basic but Solid Business Hotel”

Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
San Diego CA
“Basic but Solid Business Hotel”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here recently on a business trip. The factors I look for: clean and quiet room, comfortable bed, clean and adequate bathroom, free wifi, attentive staff, were all fulfilled with ease and friendliness. This is now my go-to hotel when traveling in this part of the world. This is NOT a five start property, but it is a five star staff and great accommodations for an excellent value. The night-shift manager (forgot his name, sorry!), and Ming in the restaurant were particularly helpful. Thanks for making the business trip pleasant!

Room Tip: A room away from I-95 is best and most quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Steven H, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I know that there are many options out there and so it is always good to hear that we are doing something right. We strive every day to provide the superior service that will bring people back. We hope to see you again soon and I will be sure to share your words with my staff.

Thank you again!

GM Quality Inn, Old Saybrook,CT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
woodstock, illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night. Beds are comfy, I got a good nights sleep. Room was clean, friendly staff, nice pool. Breakfast was ok, they had eggs and sausage which were cool they been during awhile, the staff last did put new stuff out just before I left, other wise breakfast was good. Good night sleep. Would recommend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
It is always nice to hear positive feedback from our guests. We have been in the process of making many improvements over the past few months and there is still more to come. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again so that we may have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you so much for your business!

GM Quality Inn, Old Saybrook, CT
New Jersey
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Have stayed here many times over the years and am happy to say that the place has continued to improve due to the updates that have been done over the past few years -- paint inside and out, furniture, TVs, heat/ac units, linens, carpeting, etc. all have been updated. It's not easy keeping an older property updated but the management of this property has done that which is a real plus. The hotel is located close to I-95 but not so close that you hear the traffic -- in fact, it's on a two lane road with a mix of residential and commercial around it plus it's a short distance from some nice restaurants and the Connecticut River.
The hotel staff is friendly and efficient. The lady in the breakfast room is consistently upbeat, friendly and only too glad to help by making you a waffle if you want her to do it for you. The desk staff is efficient and helpful with directions and things to do in the area. The maids are friendly and do a very good job of caring for the rooms. Our stay was three nights so we got a chance to see the kind of care they took with the rooms each day and they always did a good job.
One of the pluses of the hotel is its proximity to not only I-95 but also to the town of Old Saybrook and comes with the added convenience of a nice restaurant within walking distance of the hotel for people who don't want to drive around looking for a place to eat.
The internet connection is very good and easy to access and there is a good selection of channels on the flat screen TV.
The manager, staff and ownership are doing a really nice job of keeping up this property.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quiet because the hotel is a quiet neighborhood.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Veneto8
Thank you so much for the kind words. I joined the Team here in November and along with ownership we have tried to make as many improvements as possible. We have renovated the rooms, pool, hallways etc. and it is always great to hear that it has been noticed. I appreciate your continued business and I can assure you that we will make every effort to make each stay as pleasant as the last. Thank you again and I will be sure to share this with my staff.

GM Quality Inn, Old Saybrook,CT
Reviewed June 10, 2014

What a great place to stay. After reading lots of reviews, we couldn't wait to stay. There were bad ones that were really bad and good ones that were really good. We went for it and here we go. Check in was a bit slow as maybe they were a bit understaffed, but hey it was late on a Saturday so no big deal. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Once all checked in we went to the room and found it was just as expected. It smelled fresh and clean, it was neat and well appointed with a mini fridge! The bathroom was really great with new granite tops and fixtures. It seems as if the whole place went through a pretty big remodel type deal. The pool area looked really nice, indoor with a patio just outside to sit and relax. We slept great with no excessive noise for a Saturday night during the summer. We had a nice little breakfast that was fine and we were out the door. They had absolutely no problem with us bringing our bicycles into the room. It was a bit pricey but it is a beach town and it is summer so.....that was expected. $150.00. Overall really nice and we plan to stay more throughout the summer. I guess it was a Comfort Inn before so new owners really got this place to where it needs to be.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Steven H, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
It is always nice to hear positive feedback and I very much appreciate that you chose to spend your time with us. We have been working on our property in many ways over the past 6 months or so and I am glad to hear that it was noticed. The property is still owned by the same company and they have made great efforts to make improvements. I joined this team less than a year ago and I can assure you that the commitment to our guests will continue to be our top priority. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again!

Quality Inn, Old Saybrook
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2014

It was okay. The staff was friendly. The room was clean enough. The property is right up against a busy highway but you wouldn't know it - it feels like it's tucked away on a dead end road. The breakfast is typical Choice Hotels fare. The front desk clerk recommended a really good restaurant in town. The pool area was decent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Audrey W
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. I am glad that your time with us was pleasant and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future. We have been in the process of upgrading and improving all aspects of our property and our service. I know that we can continue to impress with every stay.
Thank you so much for your business and we hope to see you soon!

GUTHRIE
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here for 3 days and it was not bad. Nothing fancy, just a clean room. It was The best Inn in the area without paying $500. a night. Saw license plates from everywhere so I guess others had the same idea. Nice little breakfast comes with your stay,

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the Interstate.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ralph S
Steven H, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay. We are in the process of renovating and upgrading our rooms, hallways, pool area and grounds to further impress our guests. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future!

S. Haight
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I have come back to the Old Saybrook Comfort Inn several times and each time I do it gets better.
The pool area was updated since last I was here,the walls and carpet have been updated.

The change in management of the place has gone in the right direction from previous management.The last guy here Brad was a bizarre individual, glad he was gone.
The people seem happier.
The location is right by the water and the Back Porch Restaurant on the scenic Connecticut River.
There is also a walking/ biking trail over the Baldwin Bridge practically outside the front door.
They have a bar that serves good there too if you don't feel like leaving . I would totally recommend the place

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Knowyourrole
Steven H, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I have recently joined the team here as the new General Manager and I am glad that we are providing you with a great experience. I will be doing everything possible to make sure that the level of service continues to impress. Thank you again! Steven H. GM Comfort Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Saybrook
#2 of 8 in Niantic
Super 8 Old Saybrook
Super 8 Old Saybrook
#4 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook? Share your experiences!