“comfortable rooms”

Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I come to the shore......the rooms are very nice this time I came with my family and friends who shared an adjoining room....they loved it.....they usually stay at a marriott but I think when they come to this area they will be saying here

Room Tip: they have full, queen and king rooms what ever to your liking
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
oldsayci, Owner at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Brad Ajello
Comfort Inn
860-395-1414

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in mid-May for a fishing trip out of Old Saybrook, Room 104. Two double beds. The room was very spacious, clean, and modern. Clean fresh sheets, comfortable pillows. Small fridge for keeping things cold. Large flatscreen TV. One complaint was that it only got about 8 channels, and most of them were fuzzy. We had some things in the back of the truck which we had no concerns or worries about. Very reasonably priced for an area like Old Saybrook. There was an included breakfast each morning from 7-10. I would have preferred that they start it earlier - like 6am, for people who want to get up and get going. They had a waffle maker (fake syrup, but that's expected), boiled eggs, pre-fried McDonald's style egg patties with sausage patties that you could make a Sausage & Egg McMuffin on with the bread, English muffins, or bagels. Bananas, oranges, apples, yougurt, several types of cereal (all sugary stuff like Froot Loops, so I didn't eat it). They also had Quaker Oatmeal, plus only plain, and no brown sugar. They also didn't have anything to put ON the egg McMuffins except ketchup. I asked for mustard but they didn't have any, even though they have a full kitchen and bar/restaurant where I got mustard on my burger the night before. Things to suggest for improvement for included breakfast: 1) open earlier, 2) provide some nutritous cereals like bran flakes, Cheerios, Raisin Bran etc., 3) brown sugar for oatmeal, 4) larger condiment selection. Otherwise, it was a good value, and nice to get something to eat before heading off in the morning. We didn't use any of the facilities like pool, weight room etc., so I can't comment on that. The bar/restaurant was OK. $2.00 drafts, but only Miller or Bud. Would have liked to have seen some microbrews available. The burger was just so-so, and the crab cake sandwich wasn't good. Kind of mushy on the inside and burnt on the outside. The french fries that came with it I'm almost positive were McCain's SuperFries. No big deal - no one is making you eat at their restaurant. I would suggest going in to Old Saybrook for dinner. Overall, the place was good, especially for the price, and I was happy when I got there to see it is a clean, safe, up-to-date place to crash for the night. They need to do something about the guy in the bed next to me and his loud obnoxious snoring :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lhousesoccer
oldsayci, Owner at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for contacting me in regards to your recent experience with the Comfort Inn of Old Saybrook. We take suggestions/complaints like yours very seriously. I appreciate your response and hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very well located. Rooms are clean and well maintained, breakfast very good. Easier access than directions indicated. The hotel is in a country setting but with easy access from route 9. Rooms are quiet. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
oldsayci, Owner at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank You for the great response. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here while the halls are all being renovated and the place was very nice. the rooms are overly large and very comfortable. they have a restaurant on property and the burgers were a little high in price but very good and very convenient. I ordered and then walked downstairs and picked it up. all the staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and bathrooms were spotless. I will stay again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brendacole11
oldsayci, Owner at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank You for the Great Survey. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed overnight when in the area for an evening wedding and too far & late to drive home.
Basic accomodations, two queen-size beds with clean fresh smelling bedding. Older television in perfect operating condition. No refrigerator, but there was a empty space where, I guess, one could be put, if needed. Small 4 cup coffeepot with supplies on the counter.
Ironing board and iron in the closet, and hairdryer attached to the bathroom wall and plenty of towels in the bathroom.
On the 1st floor there was a small exercise room and also a nice area surrounding the indoor pool. I didn't have time to go into the restaurant attached to the hotel. I did stop in for some coffee, tea and muffins in the morning breakfast area.
I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting in this area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
oldsayci, Owner at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank You for the Great Response. Hope to See You Soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel when in town for a wedding.
Bedding was clean, room smelled fresh and bathroom was spotless.
My family had a nice restful sleep and I would recommend this facility to those looking for value, without sacrificing cleanliness.
Would stay again !!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
oldsayci, Owner at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank You for the Great Response. We continue to make improvements to hotel . Hope to See You Soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This property is reasonably clean but in desparate need of an update. The fridge in one of our rooms was so noisy and aged it needed to be unplugged in order to get to sleep. The heating unit in the second room was in need of service or replacement. The rooms are dark and tired. With a thorough update this property could be brought into the light. The staff seems to care and bathrooms etc. are clean even if somewhat worn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
oldsayci, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for contacting me in regards to your recent experience with the Comfort Inn of Old Saybrook. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and that you had a less than exceptional encounter with Comfort Inn.

Comfort Inn takes great pride in delivering quality and I am sorry that you did not receive the service that you deserve.

We are in the process of completing a complete renovation of the hallways and the guest bathrooms .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Saybrook
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Niantic

Been to Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook? Share your experiences!