All reviews fresh salt three stories overlooking the marina saybrook point steam room outdoor pool small balcony long island sound connecticut river water view working fireplace new england sitting area the main hotel on site restaurant rooms are beautiful wonderful weekend
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When you arrive you sense that something is special and details are important
The view and the inn are spectacular visually. It says Relax. Folks are here to take care of you. The desk staff is welcoming and helpful. The appointments in the lobby are comfortable. Not splashy, but gracious. Our bell hop was professional and helpful
The room was spotless and the furniture was inviting. The views are breathtaking. My favorite item. The bathrooms. Spacious and all the necessities are there. Please stay here. Most everything is great and you are treated as a special person

Room tip: Any floor. Water view or partial water view
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
SaybrookPTGM, General Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Camper557233,

Thank you so much for your comments. Our team takes great pride and ownership in offering the special experience you have described. I have posted your comments for all of our staff to see and enjoy. While we can't take credit for the views, we humbly appreciate the kudos about the Inn and our amazing team!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here for a quick weekend getaway with my husband. It was great! We stayed in a junior water-facing room (probably not the exact phrase for it.) The room was spacious (as was the bathroom) and tastefully decorated; it had a nice little balcony overlooking the marina, and the bed was SO comfortable. The lotion/shower gel/etc. they give you always smells aaaamazing.

The hotel is really good with details: they have fresh fruit in the lobby; will build you a fire in the lobby-area fireplace; gave us free drinks at the bar in celebration of our wedding anniversary; and provides robes, chocolates, and a fridge in the room. There was also room service, which is always a plus for me. Everyone who works there is SUPER friendly.

Even though we went in March and it was in the mid-40s, the outdoor pool was actually heated enough so you could swim, so that was fun! Having the indoor pool was great, though (I didn't last long outdoors!), ditto the hot tub.

One thing to note: when I was making our reservation, they gave me the option of a room with a fireplace, which would have been great, BUT they said it was right near the ballroom, which is under construction and therefore potentially noisy. So, when booking, I would ask them about that. It was really nice of them to tell me though!

Literally my ONLY complaint is the shower water pressure wasn't great...but that's a small thing. This hotel was fantastic and I can't wait to go back!

Room tip: 230 had a really nice view and was quiet! Some rooms overlook the parking lot so if you care about views I'd definitely ask about that.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Lolalit0218,

I am so glad you enjoyed your getaway weekend with us. Our new Lighthouse Gallery (former ballroom) is now complete so come back when you can and try out the in room fireplace! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review and comments and I hope you will return soon to visit with us!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a beautiful hotel in an equally beautiful setting. Our room was spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. French doors opened onto the decking where we were able to enjoy fabulous views of the sunset and sunrise over the marina. We ordered room service which was delivered exactly when we wanted it. The food was delicious. The restaurant menu is full of choice and we wished we’d had more time to allow us to enjoy a meal there. We also wished we had booked more than one night to fully enjoy all that this wonderful hotel has to offer. We will definitely be back!
Special thanks to Scott on reception who made us feel so welcome with just the right balance of warmth and professionalism.
We cannot recommend this beautiful hotel highly enough. Thank you Saybrook Point Inn, for making the last day of our travels so memorable!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

aduncana,

Thank you so much for your glowing reviews. We are proud of what we offer through our facilities, our service and our food offerings. We also love to share these beautiful views of Long Island Sound and the Connecticut River. Thank you also for your comment about Scott. I have passed your kind words on to him. I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel right on the marina. Room was large and very clean. Large bathroom with lots of space for everything and hooks to hang things. We had a late dinner at fresh salt and the food was very good.

Date of stay: March 2019
SaybrookPTGM, General Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Happytravelinfamily,

Thank you for your gracious comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your late dinner here at our Award winning Fresh Salt Restaurant and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Spent a weekend at the Inn and it was just as I remembered. I had a suite in one of their new buildings and it was wonderful. We ate at Fresh Salt one of the nights and truly enjoyed our meals. Staff throughout the Inn were great

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
SaybrookPTGM, General Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Dick B,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our Inn and Fresh Salt. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you return again!

Saybrook Point Inn, marina & Spa