“Fabulous weekend”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I have just returned from a three-night stay at Saybrook Point Inn and Spa, and I am raving to all my friends. The staff couldn't have been more attentive; the rooms, lovely; and the spa, excellent.
Our entire party had spa treatments and ate in Terre Mar restaurant several different times. The food is to die for!
The bellman set a fire in our fireplaces each night, which made the rooms even cozier. We particularly liked having both a tub and separate shower in the bath.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank arwest

Reviewed December 1, 2008

Couldn't have asked for more. Our room was luxuriously comfortable and clean. Staff was courteous and well informed and anticipated our questions, so that we didn't have to ask. Everything worked, the walls were thick enough that we heard nothing except the occasional door close--no tv's, no loud laughs, conversation--nothing--on a weekend the hotel was just about totally booked. We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
SaybrookPointMgmt, General Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2008

Thanks to all for the great reviews. We really care about your experience and are always trying to improve.

When we fall short we make an honest effort to rectify your situation.

Reviewed November 15, 2008

We had a wonderful stay, just 1 night sadly, but we were instantly relaxed by the warm welcome and trip to spa for a massage!The spa area is very good, and excellent treatments.The pool area is excellent, and also very relaxing, especially the sauna and jacuzzi.
Our room was one of the newly refurbished rooms, wonderful view , bathroom and very large too! Great décor!
We had a lazy Sunday morning, decided to skip breakfast and stay for brunch instead, it was amazing, as was the meal and service the night before too.
Well done to staff and management for creating such a wonderful place to relax and chill out.. We will be back!

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Choosyct
Reviewed October 26, 2008

My husband and I enjoyed a one nite stay at the Saybrook Point Inn. We did the Spa Package, which was great! The service at the inn was wonderful. The rooms were large - we had a king sized room that overlooked the water. There was a side table with 2 oversized chairs - perfect for playing scrabble and drinking wine! The front desk had several games to play. The bathroom was huge - it had a tremendous marble double sink. The only problem we had with the room was the air temperature. It wouldn't go below 68 degrees. Lucky for us, the new window opened right up and we enjoyed a sea breeze. We had dinner at the Ten Penny Tavern in town. Great food - upscale tavern environment. Our massages were good. Mine was just okay. My husband really liked his. But, I'm a bit of a spa snob. The spa was well appointed and very relaxing. We had the brunch at Terra Mar which was over the top. More food than you could possibly imagine and it was delicious. The staff at the Inn was very accommodating. Our clock was off by an hour, causing us to miss breakfast - which was paid for in our package. They were nice enough to comp us the brunch. All in all, I would rate this inn as a 3 1/2 star resort. Very service oriented, but new carpeting and an updated air conditioning system wouldn't hurt. We would likely return.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I recently spent my one year anniversary at the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa. I had a wonderful time! The dinner at the restaurant was excellent--on the pricey side, but some of the best food I've had. The room was comfortable, although the air conditioning was somewhat weak. I had two spa treatments - the hot stone massage and the hydraquench body wrap - both which were very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2008

I booked the Girlfriend Getaway package for 2 nights for me & my friend.
We each had 2 spa treatments that were included in the package and everything at the Spa was excellent. I had a pedicure which was good and a warm stone massage which was out of this world. My friend had a facial and an aromatherapy massage that she said were both fabulous.

Breakfast, also included in the package, was delicious each morning along with great service in the restaurant.

Our room had 2 queen beds, a couch, 2 chairs, a wet bar, fridge and was huge for 2 people. The beds were very comfortable and the room had a great view of the marina and outdoor patio area. The only small complaint about the room that I would mention is that the A/C did not go below 68 degrees. So, if you like if a bit cooler, that wasn't an option. With the summer sun, the room can get pretty hot and it would have been helpful if we could adjust the A/C below 68 just for a little while to cool the room off.

The pool area was nice; on the small side but it had plenty of lounge chairs and it was very clean.

All the staff at the Inn were very nice and friendly. Overall, my friend and I had a wonderful time at the Saybrook Point Inn. It was peaceful, restful & relaxing; exactly what we needed to end our summer with.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2008

My husband and I had a most enjoyable stay at the Saybrook Spa and Inn. As it was my birthday we took advantage of the special package. We had a deluxe room - 307 - with a small terrace that overlooks the marina ,pool and dining area . Although the room was spacious and the bathroom a very nice size (two sinks with a nice vanity and a separate stall shower), we found the new england furniture a bit tattered and the rug buckled in many places. We were told that they will be doing a renovation of the rooms this Fall
We played minature golf that is just several yards from the Inn and also they have bikes (old with foot brakes )on the premise. We had a wonderful 21/2 hr bike ride exploring different areas along the sound . The spa treatment was heavenly and the food at the Terra Mar was quite good although pricey. All in all I would definitely recommend this place for a nice get-away.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Saybrook
Sound View Greenport
#1 of 7 in Greenport
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
Cliffside Resort Condominiums

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!