“Elegant and charming resort”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Saybrook Point Inn. Everything about the resort was superb. Our room which overlooked the marina, Room 321, was spectacular, beautiful view, wood burning fireplace, very large and elegantly decorated, great beautiful large bathroom. Fresh Salt restaurant is beautiful with large windows everywhere to take in the great views of the marina and lighthouses, also beautifully decorated. We ate there several times and the food was very good, as was the service. Old Saybrook is a very small charming town, with restaurants and stores along Main Street. We also used the spa, my husband having a massage he said was great, and I had a pedicure, which also was very good. This is a luxurious and romantic resort and a good place to take many day trips. I highly recommend it if this is the area you are looking for on your next trip.

Room Tip: I did not get to see other rooms but having a view of the water, marina and lighthouse are a must wh...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gunghoMiami_Fl
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for following up with such a delightful recommendation! I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to both our restaurant and spa staffs. Hope to welcome you back again someday!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My friend and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for our 'girl's weekend' and we were happy we took advantage of the hotel spa package. The resort is perfectly located on the Long Island sound, and in a residential area so it's very private. We stayed for one night, which was just the right amount of time. I arrived early to enjoy the pool-great poolside service with a nice view of the adjacent marina. Main street is a mile or so away and a great place to walk around and shop and dine. We had breakfast at Salt the next morning which was very nice. Make sure you visit the spa while you are here, the staff is friendly and the spa itself is beautiful and cozy. I would definitely come back again and bring my husband!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank hcn10
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thanks for spending your girls' weekend at our place! I'll make sure the Fresh Salt and Sanno staffs see your kind words. We'd love to have you and your husband back for a getaway soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My friend had her wedding at the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa over this past weekend and it was a great time and a fantastic day. We had the option of staying in a hotel down the street; however, my boyfriend & I decided to stay at the Inn instead. We had a lovely room, which was large, clean and elegant. The cocktail hour & reception were both held on the property and thankfully, we had great weather and got to spend time outdoors. Everything was good - the food, the atmosphere and the view.

The location was my favorite. We were right on the water and my friend's family were able to bring their boat right into the dock by the hotel. I would definitely stay there again & next time, for longer than just one night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm so glad you decided to stay with us, Christine! The fact that you followed up with such a terrific review afterward is just the icing on the cake. Next time you're planning a getaway, I do hope you'll keep us in mind!

'Til then,

Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was our first visit to Old Saybrook and the Lighthouse Suite. The service was excellent, the suite absolutely spotless - but the suite itself is in need of an update - the wallpaper is beginning to peel, the wires for the TV are exposed, the light for the bathroom makes the bedroom vibrate with noise, the top-dollar suite bath only has a shower stall - but the inn does not leave shower caps. A few extra steps should have been taken by the Inn - due to the distance of the suite to the inn, ice should have been brought to the room when guests check in, as should complimentary bottled water and fruit or snacks (it would have cost the hotel 1% of the room charge and just been the extra touch that makes a stay first-rate and one to repeat). In all, it was terrific, but for the price and potential, it should have been 5 stars.

1  Thank onlythebest10017
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

You're right: Yours should've been a five-star experience, and I'm sorry we didn't do more to really knock it out of the park for you. However, I appreciate you pointing to some areas of improvement in our Lighthouse Suite in your review. We'll certainly follow up and make changes/repairs as necessary!

Until next time,

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I met friends at this lovely inn and spa Memorial Day weekend. Some of the things we really liked about the inn were: the warm and helpful staff, the beautiful and spacious rooms, the view of the marina and the wonderful Fresh Salt restaurant and bar, The spa staff and services were also very good. There are heated pools, one indoors and one outside. The indoor pool is being renovated. As for the nightlife, the inn could think about adding another indoor bar, possibly with music. On the cool nights, it got a little tedious hanging out at the restaurant bar.

1  Thank P B

Thanks for spending Memorial Day weekend with us! I'll make sure our hotel, restaurant and spa staffs see your compliments. Hope to have you back next time you're in need of a getaway!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have visited this Inn twice. Both experiences were good but somehow missed the excellent mark. The Spa services were top notch, no problem here. The food is well prepared and served and the staff is very accommodating. Rooms look beautiful and are wonderful if you are a TV addict, but if you like to read, you need to go to a common room or outside - weather permitting.
On both occasions there was no place to sit in the room and have decent light by which to read.
Bathrooms are very large but the toilet paper cannot be reached without getting up unless you have ape like arms.

Room Tip: Try to secure a room with a view of the marina and not near the indoor pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 123readygo
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

I'm sorry you haven't found the rooms you've stayed in conducive to reading! A lot of our rooms do have seating areas, so just let us know that's something you're interested in next time you call to make a reservation, and we'll see what's available. I'll be sure the folks at the restaurant and the spa see your compliments!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

First of all, we appreciated the fact that, unlike so many hotels and inns, the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa allowed us to reserve a room for just one night ...on a holiday weekend no less. The room was beautifully appointed, with a first-class bathroom as well. A fire was lit for us in the room upon request. The small balcony overlooking the patio and marina was a fine spot for catching some rays and reading the newspaper in the morning. Despite the fairly central location of our room, and the fact that there was a wedding going on, we found the room to be very private and quiet. Service in the inn was top-notch. Unfortunately, we cannot say the same for the on-site restaurant, Fresh Salt. While the food was above our expectations, the service at dinner and breakfast time was very inconsistent. All in all, though, definitely recommend the joint!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Although I'm sorry you didn't receive more consistent service at Fresh Salt, I'm relieved to hear that didn't keep you from enjoying the rest of your stay. I'll be sure to pass your comments along to their management team so they can relay your feedback to their staff. Hope to have you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Saybrook
#1 of 13 in Mystic
Hilton Mystic
Hilton Mystic
#5 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!