“Perfect getaway weekend!”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This hotel was just what my daughter and I were looking for to have time together for a few days.
Our room was just perfect - fantastic view of the harbor - huge bathroom and tastefully decorated.
Our massages at the spa were off the charts. We will return in the spring for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Valerie F
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

We can't wait to have you back, Valerie! I was delighted to read you found ours the perfect spot for your mother-daughter weekend. Our staff will be just as thrilled with your recommendation as I am!

Until next time,

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Inn is one of the most beautiful in the US; It is located on the waterfront in the quaint town of Old Saybrook, CT. The food at "Salt" is exquisite, the presentation is creative and the service staff is professional and friendly. You will never forget this experience and you will want to return often. For a memorable get-away, you should plan to indulge in the Sanno Spa for a luxurious massage. The shops in town offer some unique and unusual gifts.

Room Tip: Room overlooking water with fireplace is my favorite.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BlackHorseMadam

Thank you so much! Reading that you think ours is a first-class establishment made my day. I hope you'll think of us next time you're planning a getaway!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I just spent the weekend at the Inn to catch up with a high school friend. We had a lovely time. The hotel is very nice overall. The room was large and nicely appointed. The bathroom was huge with nice marble tile. We had a view of the marina and the Long Island Sound. The staff was friendly. We enjoyed a nice evening at the bar at the hotel the first night. The bartenders were really responsive and friendly as was all the staff. We went to the spa the next day. The facility is lovely and we each had a really nice massage. The pedicure wasn't quite as great. The technicians were very efficient. But I can't say that my technician, in particular, was very pleasant. I felt like a was inconveniencing her. I would say though that my pedicure was the only blemish in my stay. I would recommend the hotel for a nice weekend getaway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thanks for recommending us! I'm delighted to hear you and your friend had such a great time catching up at our inn. I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you need a getaway or are planning a reunion!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed at Saybrook Point Inn for a couple nights in January, for our anniversary – and it was a perfect romantic getaway.

Saybrook Point is a well-maintained inn with a great history. John Kennedy used to stay here, so did Frank Sinatra and many others.

Our room was spacious with a little balcony overlooking hotel’s marina – empty due to a winter. Beds were comfortable, we had a fireplace. Coffeemaker and mini-fridge came in handy as well.
It was a low season, hotel was half empty, but we got lucky with the weather – for a couple days it was 50 F outside.

There is plenty to see just walking around the hotel. We also took car trips to nearby Old Lyme and Essex – both are about 10-15 minutes away. Florence Griswold Museum of American Impressionism in Old Lyme is a must see attraction – amazing collection for such a small place. Main Street in Essex is full of old Victorian houses, some of them dating back to 18 century. It also leads to Connecticut River with some nice views.

Restaurant on the premises looks nice, but we were quite disappointed with food. Not that it was terrible, probably we had our expectations too high.

In all, it was a nice road trip and we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

A perfect recommendation for a perfect getaway! Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay at our inn earlier this year. I'm thrilled to hear everything was to your liking, and I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're planning a special trip!

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago with a co-worker for a work seminar. The Hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is Excellent. Overall I had a great trip. My only complaint was the first night we were there we were on the first floor and there was a wedding going on and our room must have been next to the bridal suite or something cause the door kept opening and slamming and I kept hearing forks or plates dropping and making a ruckus way into the night. Luckily I brought my earplugs for just such an occasion. The front desk was very accommodating about switching our room the next day so we wouldn't have to fight over who gets the cot and who gets the bed. The second room was much nicer, with two queen beds that were so much more comfortable and we had a nice view of the water! Overall I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Perhaps don't pick a room on the first floor, especially on a weekend when there could be an eve...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GinaBif
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thanks for staying with us when you were in town! While I'm sorry to hear you found the wedding noise disruptive, I appreciate you speaking up about it in your review. We like for everyone who joins us — whether as a guest of the hotel or a guest of a special event — to be completely comfortable, and I understand how a boisterous celebration could get in the way of that. Your candid feedback certainly will help us find a solution to this going forward!

Until next time,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

A much needed vacation with a best Friend! Enjoyed it all! Massages, Facials, & A Lovely dinner & Breakfast! We even swam laps in the pool too! Rooms were clean and roomy!
The man at the front, "Bobby" made the evening! Told us history about the place, what it was back in the day, showed us around & then lit our fire for us. It really shows when someone enjoys there job!
I will advise my West coast friends to try this place out!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Avocado-gal
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

It certainly sounds like you and your friend hit all the hot spots while you were here! Thanks for thinking of us for your girls' getaway. Bobby will be just as thrilled with your recommendation as I am!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have been to this hotel a total of three times, twice for business, but most recently with my husband to get a night away. This place does a wonderful job of accommodating both business and leisure travelers.

Parking - Plenty of parking close to the hotel.

Location - Nice spot overlooking a marina. There is outdoor seating at the hotel where you can sit outside and enjoy the view. The hotel is also in a location where you can take nice walks on the road along the water.

Rooms - I've stayed in three different rooms and I like how they are all a little bit different. This is not a commercialized establishment. Each room has a slightly different layout. The rooms are large, plush, and very comfortable. The bathrooms are also spacious. The real fireplaces in the room are a nice touch, and you can even get a fire going in them if you ask!

Staff - Very courteous and helpful. They always want to help you.

Restaurant - The food and service was delicious. It was a more expensive meal, but the quality of seafood and steak was high so I did not mind paying for it.

Amenities - Did check out the pool (there is an indoor and outdoor pool) and hot tub and both were nice.

Overall, if you are fortunate to travel here for business or are looking for a place to relax for pleasure, enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

This is just what we like to hear! Thanks for taking the time to write us such a detailed recommendation. I'm sure our staff will be just as grateful for your gracious compliments as I am!

Until then,

Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!