Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
$119
$59
$76
$72
Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
$69
$170
Agoda.com
Clinton Motel(Clinton)
$64
All reviewsfresh saltthree storiessaybrook pointoverlooking the marinasteam roomoutdoor poollong island soundsmall balconyconnecticut riverwater viewromantic weekendmarina barcouples massagelobster rollnew englandsitting areaon site restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have been to this hotel a total of three times, twice for business, but most recently with my husband to get a night away. This place does a wonderful job of accommodating both business and leisure travelers.

Parking - Plenty of parking close to the hotel.

Location - Nice spot overlooking a marina. There is outdoor seating at the hotel where you can sit outside and enjoy the view. The hotel is also in a location where you can take nice walks on the road along the water.

Rooms - I've stayed in three different rooms and I like how they are all a little bit different. This is not a commercialized establishment. Each room has a slightly different layout. The rooms are large, plush, and very comfortable. The bathrooms are also spacious. The real fireplaces in the room are a nice touch, and you can even get a fire going in them if you ask!

Staff - Very courteous and helpful. They always want to help you.

Restaurant - The food and service was delicious. It was a more expensive meal, but the quality of seafood and steak was high so I did not mind paying for it.

Amenities - Did check out the pool (there is an indoor and outdoor pool) and hot tub and both were nice.

Overall, if you are fortunate to travel here for business or are looking for a place to relax for pleasure, enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

This is just what we like to hear! Thanks for taking the time to write us such a detailed recommendation. I'm sure our staff will be just as grateful for your gracious compliments as I am!

Until then,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

First get away since our daughter was born, web site promised a relaxing retreat. This hotel was anything but. Couldn't even use our tiny balcony to see our " partial " marina view because we were right over the outdoor seating area and bar of the restaurant. For two nights all we heard was the noise of loud bar patrons and the booming bass of a wedding DJ. The tub was tiny and dingy and the wrong shower head was used so hardly any water flow. When I replied to the survey about our stay, our response was " we'll I apologize, the reservationist should have warned you about wedding noise". WHAT! Really. For $400 a night I expected a lot more, don't waste your time or money. We would have a had a better time at a holiday inn.

5  Thank Mtdnyc878

I'm sorry to hear your first post-baby getaway wasn't as relaxing as you would've liked! Although we do host a lot of weddings and special events, our guests' comfort and satisfaction is always our top priority. We certainly should've mentioned the potential nighttime noise when you made your reservation, but I'm glad you took the time to mention it here and via our survey. Your feedback certainly will help us to find ways to address this problem!

Safe travels,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

As a special birthday gift, my generous sister took me to the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa for a “girls” weekend getaway. The hotel was absolutely wonderful! We were shocked at the size of our room when we entered. It was huge and beautiful! We were greeted by two very comfortable double beds, a spacious sitting area in front of a fireplace, a wide-screen TV and a large and well-appointed bathroom. Outside our room was a small balcony with a water view; perfect for enjoying our glasses of wine in the evening.

The spa was also lovely and peaceful. Our masseurs gave us wonderful massages – both were very knowledgeable and great at what they do. Be aware, an 18% tip is automatically included in your spa charges, which was OK, although it seems that the tip percentage should be discretionary and not controlled by the spa. The indoor pool is a relaxing 84 degrees. We did not use the outdoor pool because the weather was not cooperating, but it’s also heated to a very warm, comfortable temperature.

If you’re there on a Sunday, don’t miss the brunch buffet at their restaurant, Fresh Salt. There is a wide selection of delicious dishes, some individually prepared (such as omelets, freshly sliced ham/roast beef and a pasta station). The desserts are to die for! The only ONE negative comment that could be made about the entire weekend is the wait-staff in the restaurant was a little disorganized and slow to clear the tables. Considering the price of the brunch, they should work on that detail a bit to keep the experience perfect.

Overall, the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa is a gem. I would highly recommend it to anyone for an “any occasion” getaway.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

What better way to celebrate your birthday than with a spa weekend? I certainly can't think of one! Be sure to thank your sister for us; we're so glad she chose to bring you to our inn. I hope you'll both keep us in mind next time you're planning a getaway!

Until then,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We've now found our new favorite place to stay. We were looking for a place in the Old Saybrook area and found this one during a computer search. Wow, what a lucky find. From the time we checked in until we checked out, everything was perfect. The staff excelled from the front desk to the bellboy to the excellent hostess in their awesome restaurant to the waiters and on and on. The room was large, very well decorated with an awesome view of the marina and Long Island Sound. We usually eat at a different restaurant each night when traveling. This year was different as the food and staff were so good that we ate all our dinners in their restaurant. It's a bit pricey, but well worth the money. You can bet on one thing...we'll return there during our visit to the East next fall.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and ask for a room facing the water.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Your new favorite place to stay? We're honored! The fact that "everything was perfect" from check-in to check-out is just the cherry on top of a fantastic review. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to our staff!

Until next year,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had a king suite that was quite roomy and a large bath. The room smelled like it had been a smoking room for 20 years. We opened the windows and slider and the fresh air helped. The floor of the shower was supposed to be white but it was a dingy grey/tan. It needed a good bleaching.
The staff was friendly. The restaurant was great for breakfast. We had dinner at a fabulous restaurant in Chester about 15 minutes away called the River Tavern.
I would stay here again if I ever needed to be in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thanks for your feedback! I'm happy you were pleased with our staff, I'll be sure to let them know. Do you remember what room you stayed in? I'd like to have our maintenance staff take a look at that shower as soon as possible!

Best,