Our trip was Sept 23 to Sept 26th (Monday thru Wednesday).
My husband and I had a great time. The hotel was very clean, as well as the room. The staff was always happy and helpful. We had a beautiful view of the marina. The Spa was also wonderful. I had the deep tissue massage, mini mani, pedi and facial as well as a complimentary make-up. The restaurant in the hotel was delicious! It's called The Salt. We had one dinner and 2 breakfasts there. We also ate out at the Aspen Restaurant (dinner), Penny Lane Pub & Restaurant (lunch), and Dock and Dine (lunch). They were all excellent! We used tripadvisor to help pick places to eat. One of the restaurants was rated 5 stars, a Moroccan place, called Tissa's. We planned to go there.. dressed up nice.. and it wasnt a restaurant at all. It was like a deli with 3 tables. I'm sure the food was great, but we ended up leaving and going to Aspen.
The only issue with the hotel was that our room was located on top of the indoor pool. SO if anyone spoke while in the pool, we'd hear it. It was annoying especially when it woke us up at 7am. Turns out the pool opens up at 5am, so it could have been worse too. We discussed this at the front desk and were were given a discount on our room charge.
We went during the week. If you go on a weekend, you might coincide with a wedding. If you have a view over the patio or ballroom, you may experience a lot of noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Southern Connecticut hotel, recently designated as a green hotel. We offer gracious accommodations, Four Diamond dining, a luxurious spa, and a gorgeous shoreline view. Enjoy classic intimacy in elegant rooms featuring balconies, water views and glowing fireplaces. We are a pet friendly hotel.Amenities include a luxurious spa, our health club offering indoor and outdoor pools, modern fitness equipment, sun decks, sauna and exercise classes. Our marina can accommodate vessels up to 200 feet and offers a floating gas dock and expert staff. We also have onsite dining at Fresh Salt Restaurant, offering exquisite service and waterfront ambiance. We offer meeting rooms and space, planning and catering for events.Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is conveniently located only two hours from New York City and one hour from Bradley International Airport. Our inn is at the mouth of the Connecticut River, with panoramic views of Long Island Sound, and only steps from the heart of historic Old Saybrook and a colorful host of antique shops, theatres, brand name outlets and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Saybrook Point Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saybrook Point Hotel Old Saybrook
- Saybrook Point Inn And Spa
- Old Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Old
- Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Inn Spa