My husband and I were left to our own devices this past Thanksgiving, so we decided to flee the madness associated with family gatherings, and head east. We had visited the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa while searching for a wedding location for our daughter, and found it to be lovely, so we booked a stay for Thanksgiving.
What an amazing weekend. EVERYTHING was perfect: the hotel staff could not have been more welcoming and accommodating. You can certainly tell they love their jobs and working at the inn. Our room was pristine and perfectly appointed. Our room overlooked the harbor and had a magnificent 270 degree view of the water. Our room and bathroom were huge. The bed was VERY comfortable. The temperature settings were easily adjustable, and there was no fan noise. The hotel was quiet, even though it was filled with guests. What a restful and relaxing place.
Our Thanksgiving dinner was fit for royals. THe food was equally as beautiful as it was delicious. The dining staff did everything to fuss over each guest.
During our stay, I visited the lovely spa and took advantage of several services. My facial was perfect (although there's only so much a facial can do for a Baby Boomer) and my mani-pedi were also wonderful. My massage was just okay, but I really loved the masseuse. The spa staff could not have been more friendly and welcoming.
OUr weekend was fabulous, and we will certainly return. Bravo, Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, you won us over. We will be back with our pals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Southern Connecticut hotel, recently designated as a green hotel. We offer gracious accommodations, Four Diamond dining, a luxurious spa, and a gorgeous shoreline view. Enjoy classic intimacy in elegant rooms featuring balconies, water views and glowing fireplaces. We are a pet friendly hotel.Amenities include a luxurious spa, our health club offering indoor and outdoor pools, modern fitness equipment, sun decks, sauna and exercise classes. Our marina can accommodate vessels up to 200 feet and offers a floating gas dock and expert staff. We also have onsite dining at Fresh Salt Restaurant, offering exquisite service and waterfront ambiance. We offer meeting rooms and space, planning and catering for events.Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is conveniently located only two hours from New York City and one hour from Bradley International Airport. Our inn is at the mouth of the Connecticut River, with panoramic views of Long Island Sound, and only steps from the heart of historic Old Saybrook and a colorful host of antique shops, theatres, brand name outlets and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Saybrook Point Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saybrook Point Inn And Spa
- Saybrook Point Hotel Old Saybrook
- Old Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Old
- Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Inn Spa