“Absolutely fabulous! Relaxing and enjoyable. Would certainly return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saybrook Point Inn & Spa

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New England
“Absolutely fabulous! Relaxing and enjoyable. Would certainly return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I were left to our own devices this past Thanksgiving, so we decided to flee the madness associated with family gatherings, and head east. We had visited the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa while searching for a wedding location for our daughter, and found it to be lovely, so we booked a stay for Thanksgiving.

What an amazing weekend. EVERYTHING was perfect: the hotel staff could not have been more welcoming and accommodating. You can certainly tell they love their jobs and working at the inn. Our room was pristine and perfectly appointed. Our room overlooked the harbor and had a magnificent 270 degree view of the water. Our room and bathroom were huge. The bed was VERY comfortable. The temperature settings were easily adjustable, and there was no fan noise. The hotel was quiet, even though it was filled with guests. What a restful and relaxing place.

Our Thanksgiving dinner was fit for royals. THe food was equally as beautiful as it was delicious. The dining staff did everything to fuss over each guest.

During our stay, I visited the lovely spa and took advantage of several services. My facial was perfect (although there's only so much a facial can do for a Baby Boomer) and my mani-pedi were also wonderful. My massage was just okay, but I really loved the masseuse. The spa staff could not have been more friendly and welcoming.

OUr weekend was fabulous, and we will certainly return. Bravo, Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, you won us over. We will be back with our pals.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank motherbored
andyabels, General Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I wish I had saved your review for a day I was feeling poorly or grouchy. It would have given me a needed lift and I almost feel like I wasted the delight I'm experiencing on a good day.
Sincerely, thank you for such a nice review that was written with a special flare. Andy Abels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

From the moment I walked through those grand mahogany lobby doors, I knew I had arrived somewhere fabulous. The staff was so welcoming and ready to help. The spa is so tranquil with even amenities such as a fireplace. Lastly there is the Sunday Brunch which really is fit for a Queen or King. They have amazing chefs with nothing less than an incredible spread. I cannot wait to go back with friends and have a girls day out at The Saybrook Inn & Spa. If you have not been yet your really missing out on a wonderful experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank chrissy33851
Thank you for your review. We have some special packages for girlfriend getaways that include condos for 4-6 people. They can add a dimension to your time away.
We hope to welcome you back soon. Andy Abels
NEW JERSEY< USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I recently decided to take a road trip and sightsee in Connecticut. We have never spent any time in the state other than driving thru. We did some research on several places to stay throughout the state. We stumbled across Saybrook Point and Spa's website and were very impressed. We called Saybrook and spoke to MaryEllen in reservations. We asked her about the hotel, spa, restaurant and things to do in the dead of the winter. She was so nice and very helpful that after speaking to her we chose to stay there. She suggested the bed and breakfast package and in a few hours later we were there. All I have to say is WOW! The place was beautiful, charming and very romantic. We were treated with a warm welcome as soon as we got there. The room was beautiful modern and clean and it had an awesome view of the marina. The wood-burning fireplace was a nice touch, as well as chilled bottle of wine that was waiting for us. The spa was one of the nicest places that I have ever visited. The common area was like a page in Architectural Digest magazine. Finally, when things couldn't get any better, the
breakfast was heavenly. The restaurant had so much character and the service was impeccable. It was by far the best overall experience we have ever had on a spontaneous, romantic getaway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dzwolin
andyabels, General Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We are here right now. This is the most inviting, warm and comfortable hotel and spa we have satyed at in Connecticut. All of the staff is exceptionally accomodating and welvoming. The rooms are beautifullt appointed. The restaurant is terrific. The whole place is immaculate. We will be coming back in april. The only thing that I would suggest is to update the pool area. Love, love, love this Inn

Room Tip: Room 328 is just stunning. The views are fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seneca676
Thank you for such kind remarks. We do have the indoor pool area on our schedule to be completely redone. It is a bit of time before we begin.

Andy Abels
Hanover, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a three day stay at the hotel & spa. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The spa is pretty good, with the exception that 'add-ons' will be included in your main treatment time allotment (such as reflexology or cranial massage). However, you will still pay full price for additional service.

The bar is excellent. The food, however, was very disappointing. Especially the Christmas brunch buffet. No oysters, clams, mussels or lobster. Only two carving stations (beef and lamb), both meats were overcooked. About 12 covered dishes. No omelette station. No bagels. Hardly any bread and cheese selection. No fruit salad, yogurt or cereal (hot/cold). Few dessert choices. And the drinks were NOT included. Basically I can't believe they had the nerve to charge their guests that much money for what they provided. In fact, my husband and I agree it was probably one of the worst buffets for the price we have ever had. Oddly, even the Mother's Day brunch my husband and I gave our guests after our wedding weekend at the Madison Hotel in NJ blew this one away. We paid $47/per head and the buffet was about 8 times the size of this one with a full array food (including all types of seafood).

Major disappointment. Especially after forking over $2K+ for a 3-day stay.

Room Tip: We had a water view during the winter and it was quiet. However, I'm guessing the boat traffic...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Djones314
Wow, I'm sorry you were unhappy especially on what is likely a very special day for you. We don't offer some of the items you mentioned because it is a dinner not a brunch.

I think your points about having the shellfish items are well taken. I promise we will take another look at what we offer for the future. Andy Abels
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Went here first for a bachelorette party, and had such a good time I returned a few months later with some girlfriends. The inn is beautiful, the restaurant has great good, and the spa treatments were exceptional. There is also a lot to do in addition to visiting the spa - indoor and outdoor pools, steam room, sauna, beautiful running trails...it's a really wonderful getaway and I would recommend it for couples, friends and really anyone just looking for a relaxing, affordable and very nice weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your comments and I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay so much.
North Haven CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

For more than a decade I have visited the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa as an overnight guest,
day-spa guest and/or dining for brunch, lunch or dinner.

What's so wonderful is the consistency of quality service from a well-trained staff. The harbor atmosphere is enchanting in all seasons. . . a change of pace during winter, the brightness of warmer days in spring, the absolute freedom of summer and the coolness of fall. A true gem
that always extends a warm welcome as you enter their realm.

Room Tip: Water views are often preferred, however the well appointed guest rooms,wherever located, provide gu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is pretty special knowing you well too! Thanks for being such a loyal friend and fan of the hotel and Fresh Salt. Andy Abels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Saybrook
Pier Blue Guesthouse
Pier Blue Guesthouse
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook
3.0 of 5 stars 109 reviews

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!