Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Liberty Inn(Old Saybrook)
View Hotel
Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
View Hotel
Heritage Motor Inn(Old Saybrook)
Shore Road Inn(Old Lyme)
Clinton Motel(Clinton)
View Hotel
All reviewsfresh saltthree storiessaybrook pointoverlooking the marinasteam roomoutdoor poollong island soundsmall balconyconnecticut riverwater viewromantic weekendmarina barcouples massagelobster rollnew englandsitting areaon site restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were delighted to have had an overnight stay and couples massage given to us as a gift for our wedding. We never imagined that the 24 hour experience would have been so relaxing, so stimulating, and so full of ambience, service, and positive experiences.
We arrived at around 2:30 on a Sunday afternoon, and felt as if our arrival had been anticipated. Bobby Brown greeted us, and spent a great deal with my wife and I, explaining the many amenities available to us during our stay. I do manage a large hotel, and have managed historic and the highest end luxury properties (so I am a bit biased on service...) Bobby explained that there was an indoor and outdoor salt water pool, and all of the various details about the property, such as their recent renovation, and the history of the building. We quickly got checked in, and Bobby escorted us to our suite. It was so well appointed, and the views from both windows were breathtaking. I loved the antique furniture, and the warmth of the decor overall. The bathroom was stunningly well appointed, and the amenities for the bath were exceptional. (The details matter...and having a makeup remover in the suite for the ladies was a detail that I appreciated.) We were immediately relaxed and looking forward to a bit of exploration. Bobby had explained that there were complimentary bikes for the guests to use, which I think we will take advantage of when next we visit. I was looking forward to dining at Fresh Salt, but it was still early, so we ate at the Dock and Dine next door, and checked out the historic Fort Saybrook site. We took some cheesy pictures there.
We spent the afternoon using the indoor pool, and it was delightful. Immaculately maintained, and there were towels in the room to use, or you can pick them up at the front desk. The view of the sunset and the marina through the windows was breathtaking. There is a dry sauna and a steam room right inside the pool area. Details....there is also a machine that you can use to extract the water from your drippy bathing suit as well. When we went back up to the suite, we found a delightful surprise, a bottle of chilled champagne, with a card that asked us to check the fridge. There was a cheese tray with fruit, and we enjoyed it on our private balcony. We dined that evening at Fresh Salt, and were thrilled and delighted with the experience. What was sorely lacking in the Dock and Dine across the way, we saw in abundance at Fresh Salt. Our server was anticipatory and friendly, and she was an expert on the menu. We sat right next to a beautiful saltwater tank, and had a view of the marina at night. The blueberry mojito I had was exactly the way I like it. I will post a review of the restaurant separately, but if you have the chance, make sure to experience it. We had a great night's sleep...the bedding was soft and comfortable. We filled out the In Room Dining request card for breakfast, and hung it on the door with a requested delivery time of 9:00-9:15am. The knock at the door came at 9:13...the food was phenomenal.I have already told all of my family about this, and we are planning a return soon...
Learning that the hotel was dog friendly has made this a MUST for us. We went to Sanno and had our couples massage, and this experience was also unmatched. I will post separately about that service, but suffice it to say that it was just what the doctor ordered. Our therapists were so friendly and skilled, and the details of the experience made it so comfortable and RELAXING.
We simply cannot wait to go back. It merits mentioning that Bobby seemed to be somewhat of a ninja. He was everywhere...always looking in on his guests, and touching base with us to ensure that we were having a great time. Thank you, Saybrook Point Inn & Spa. We will be back, and I will be referring as many people as possible to your beautiful and well serviced establishment.

Room Tip: The third floor had amazing views, and we could see a family of swans swimming through the marina as the sun came up.
1  Thank NewfGoldietravelers
Reviewed September 18, 2012

From the moment we arrived at this beautiful Inn we knew we were going to have a wonderful vacation. The staff was gracious and our suite was simply divine and the whole experience was unforgettable. The staff upgraded our room and made sure that we were 100% happy. We had a Suite with a fire place, king size bed and a marvelous view of the marina. What a Gem and a truly peaceful and utterly relaxing break from the day to day life of New York. We will be back again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for the Jr Suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had been entertaining a visit to a luxury hotel in Watch Hill, Rhode Island. Although a gorgeous property... the prices were even more stunning! A friend mentioned Saybrook Point Inn, right under our noses here in Old Saybrook, CT. Why is it we tend to look far afield when gems can be right in front of you? Saybrook Point Inn... stunning property. We had a Standard Room, as part of a great Bed & Breakfast deal, which included a welcome bottle of wine. We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary, and the hotel included a bottle of sparkling wine also, nice touch. Near where the Connecticut River flows into Long Island Sound and adjacent to a marina. Our "Standard Room" was actually entry level Luxury. Nicely appointed, similar to a junior suite w/sitting area, table, fireplace, balcony, and a gorgeous dual sink bathroom. Attentive Service, value for luxury accomodations. And their Fresh Salt on premise restaurant was spectacular for our special evening... but I'll address that in a separate review!

2  Thank Sno-Bum
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Saybrook Point Wednesday, September 12th through Friday, September 14th. We booked a King with a balcony which was what we were given. The room was very spacious, nicely decorated and clean. The balcony overlooked the water which was very nice as well. All of the staff were very polite. They offer a complimentary ride if you'd like to go into town which we took advantage of. The driver was very accomodating and picked us up within 10 minutes of calling. As part of the package we elected, we were provided with a bottle of wine each night as well as breakfast in the morning at Fresh Salt. The wine was nice and the breakfast was good as well. We also took advantage of Sanno Spa. I've also had many deep tissue massages and I must say the woman I had was excellent. My husband also had a massage and said his was excellent as well.

If you're looking for a relaxing two days mid week, this is the place to go. I can understand how on weekends it may be very busy as they do cater many weddings but that is to be expected if you book a weekend trip.

No complaints from us :)

Room Tip: As for a room in the rear or side of the building as you'll have a view of the water.
2  Thank bbeeh1
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We wanted to love this place. It was recommended by friends and maks a lovely first appearance. Unfortunately, although we received a confirmation hat called for a king size bed with fireplace this is not what we were given. When we got to the room, there was no fireplace and the smallest queen size bed I have ever seen. I called the front desk and was told this is what I had booked but because I wasn't satisfied they would reduce the rate by $50. Fortunately, my wife had a copy of the confirm showing the king with fireplace which I took to front desk. At this point they admitted their mistake. I suggested that the price drop should be off the rate for the single queen room and not that for the king. I was told the rates for the two rooms were the same (find this hard to believe) but a breakfast voucher was offered. The room was a total disappointment and after two cramped, uncomfortable nights we were glad to get home. Ramfan 72

6  Thank Jimmymac72
SaybrookPointInn, Front Office Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

First, we are terribly sorry for the delay in responding to your review.
Please accept our sincere apologies for your discomfort during your stay. Our system did incur a glitch that resulted in your room discrepancy. We understand how disappointing it is to look forward to a getaway and to have your experience be less than wonderful. We hope that you will return so that we can exceed your expectations during your next stay! Please contact me to book your next visit.
Pauline Ackles