Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook(Old Saybrook)(Great Value!)
$159
QualityInn
Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
$87
Niantic Inn(Niantic)(Great Value!)
$169
$93
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfresh saltthree storiessaybrook pointsteam roomoutdoor poollong island soundsmall balconyconnecticut riverwater viewmarina barromantic weekendworking fireplacecouples massagenew englandlobster rollon site restaurantsitting area
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very pleasant experience. Great seaview form the balcony unwound from abusy day and was ready for a good meal. The restaurant provided fresh sea food and great service. They seemed to unbderstand when to be attentive and when to let me enjoy. A comforable bed and well appointed room provided the atmosphere for relaxation and a good nights sleep. A morning work out sent me on my way feeling ready for a busy day. The fitness center had all the equipment needed and an attentive staff. I left knowing I would return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Doug H
Reviewed May 28, 2012

How do these places charge so much for such mediocrity? We stayed one night with a seaview that was supposed to be "breathtaking" according to the reservationist. The balcony overlooked a harbor, the rest of the hotel and the restaurant. We had ants in our bathroom. It's rated as an energy star hotel, but on my way out I heard some say there shower wouldn't turn off and they had just left the room so they could not go and fix it? Why wait? The restaurant "Fresh Salt" was also very disappointing. Lobster salad had frozen lobster and pretty surly service. It's a fine place but way too pricy.

4  Thank jmrbatw
andyabels, General Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

I'm really sorry that your experience was a mediocre one. I tried guessing your last name so I could see what room you stayed in. I wanted to make sure we had accurately described the view from the room.

I'm sorry your dining experience was not great either. The lobster salad in particular is normally very popular but to be candid some days the lobster tastes better than others.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at the SPI&S for my husband's 55th birthday. The room was beautifully appointed with classic Ming style touches. The staff was very attentive and helpful. When I made the reservation I was asked if I would like a small birthday cake in the room upon arrival? It was a nice touch and my husband really enjoyed it - not to mention that the cake was quite tasty !

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Just returned from a brief overnight stay for our anniversary. The hotel and it's services exceeded my overall expectations. The room and view were beautiful,spacious,clean, and comfortable. We enjoyed a couples massage at the spa. I had a pregnancy massage which they really should list on the website. I called and just happened to ask if they had them available. Our dinner at fresh salt was excellent. It was very busy but our server was excellent. We had the dining package so breakfast was free but overall the restaurant is pricey.

Grounds are beautiful and we took quite a few walks around the marina. Only 2 minor complaints is that I think the chairs on the patio must only be for looks because they were so uncomfortable we had to go in after 5 minutes and I thought it might have been nice if they acknowledged celebrating our anniversary with something small, a rose on the bed or 2 pieces of fruit or something. Nothing big just something little special. I definitely hope to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 21, 2012

After celebrating our son's Graduation from the Coast Guard Academy, my husband and I sneaked away the next day to celebrate our 25th Anniversary! We had received recommendations to stay here, but were even more impressed by the service, beautiful room and fantastic romantic dinner. Special thanks to Chris who not only escorted us to our room, made sure we were comfortable and came back later in the evening to start a fire; and to Christine, our server at Fresh Salt restaurant located in the hotel! Our compliments were sent to the Chef after we dined on the Cioppino and Swordfish Chop that was recommended by Christine and to die for! We enjoyed the Luxury Fireplace Waterview Room with jacuzzi and didn't want to leave...now we can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Sherri G
andyabels, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated.