“Laura Milford CT”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at the SPI&S for my husband's 55th birthday. The room was beautifully appointed with classic Ming style touches. The staff was very attentive and helpful. When I made the reservation I was asked if I would like a small birthday cake in the room upon arrival? It was a nice touch and my husband really enjoyed it - not to mention that the cake was quite tasty !

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura C

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Just returned from a brief overnight stay for our anniversary. The hotel and it's services exceeded my overall expectations. The room and view were beautiful,spacious,clean, and comfortable. We enjoyed a couples massage at the spa. I had a pregnancy massage which they really should list on the website. I called and just happened to ask if they had them available. Our dinner at fresh salt was excellent. It was very busy but our server was excellent. We had the dining package so breakfast was free but overall the restaurant is pricey.

Grounds are beautiful and we took quite a few walks around the marina. Only 2 minor complaints is that I think the chairs on the patio must only be for looks because they were so uncomfortable we had to go in after 5 minutes and I thought it might have been nice if they acknowledged celebrating our anniversary with something small, a rose on the bed or 2 pieces of fruit or something. Nothing big just something little special. I definitely hope to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 21, 2012

After celebrating our son's Graduation from the Coast Guard Academy, my husband and I sneaked away the next day to celebrate our 25th Anniversary! We had received recommendations to stay here, but were even more impressed by the service, beautiful room and fantastic romantic dinner. Special thanks to Chris who not only escorted us to our room, made sure we were comfortable and came back later in the evening to start a fire; and to Christine, our server at Fresh Salt restaurant located in the hotel! Our compliments were sent to the Chef after we dined on the Cioppino and Swordfish Chop that was recommended by Christine and to die for! We enjoyed the Luxury Fireplace Waterview Room with jacuzzi and didn't want to leave...now we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherri G
andyabels, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Just returned from the Saybrook Point Inn last night after 4 days there. this place is unique, and if you can afford it you will not be disappointed. for a high end inn, they wrote the book on beauty, customer service, and location. Especially customer service.
We were there for a family wedding, and every single person I knew who stayed there had the same glowing reviews. It was the single most wonderful room I think I have ever stayed in, and i have stayed in many fine hotels in big U.S. and foreign cities. The staff are unbelievably well trained, and the facility is immaculate. It would be difficult to find a flaw at this Inn, with the possible exception that it is quite expensive. A family member had a car break down outside of town, and after AAA said they could not help her, she called the Saybrook as a last resort and they came to the rescue. This was above the call of duty for them and for this alone they should be commended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Your review really made me happy. We did a nice job of excelling at being human and karma rewarded us with your review. Or something like that.:)

Reviewed May 13, 2012

The hotel is perfectly located by the marina. The water views are stunning. The place is beautiful and well maintained. The hotel staff was very nice. I'd stay here again. My only disappointment was that the spa was so busy that they didn't even let me finish my sentence when I asked if I could make an appointment.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
andyabels, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Overall I'm glad that you enjoyed the property. Thank you for the constructive criticism about your experience in the spa. In the rare times when we are fully reserved we should be thanking a guest for their interest and making very sure that the guest cannot be served. Sometimes we can make assumptions about a guests flexibility that are untrue.
We hope that you return and experience our spa. Andy Abels

Reviewed May 10, 2012

This Inn is like staying with family. Starting with the wonderful people at the front desk Scott, Chris and Lori and of course Pauline. They are all so helpful and always greet us with a smile. In the restaurant, our favorite servers are Nancy and KIm and they are always so accommodating and give us impeccable service. The food is excellent and the view from their windows are beautiful looking out into the marina. Their rooms are always clean and very comfortable. and their bathroom is very spacious. My husband and I love spending long week-ends here and always look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roeOzonePark_NewYork
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Everyone from the second were arrived was wonderful! Chris and Scott absolutely cared about our stay.

Thanks you for a great experience!

• Stayed: May 2012
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!