“Great as always”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pound Ridge, New York
“Great as always”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stay here 2 to 3 times a year, and this past stay was as good as any. Were upgraded to a Jr Suite which was very comfortable and nicely decorated. Jacuzzi and Pool area were perfect as always, the health club has plenty of machines and had breakfast at the new restaurant Salt. The food was delicious.

The hotel is a green hotel which is fantastic but the only one adjustment needed is the shower flow was a bit week, but had a huge jacuzzi in the room which was very enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stevesamaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend at the saybrook inn and spa a little late valentines day getaway. I saw the deal on travelzoo and after reading the reviews on tripadvisor I booked it immediately. The hotel is very clean and charming. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. It was a great hotel and we will visit again.

Room Tip: All waterfront rooms are great.
CT
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I went for a short Valentine's vacation. We went to the spa and had massages. I've had many massages, and this one was one of the best. The spa is renovated and nice. There is still some evidence of age--like the shower heads, for example, are yellowed plastic--and the whole pool area is pretty worn and aged-looking. But it's a lovely, big pool with hot tub. My husband liked the fruit and nuts they had available for snacking. It's not a spa I would go to for the day, but if you're staying in the hotel anyway, it's perfect.

The room itself was very nice--perfectly clean, quite big, newly renovated with a wood-burning fireplace and a big jacuzzi tub. The view looked out over the parking lot, and beyond that, the water. There was a little balcony, but even if it had been warm enough to go out there I wouldn't have wanted to stand over the parking lot to look at the water 250 yards away.

We ate at Fresh Salt, which was very good. The menu wasn't distinctly interesting or inventive, but the raw bar had a great selection of really fresh oysters.

We ordered room service for breakfast, which arrived a little late and very cold. It was probably very good twenty minutes earlier, but rather disappointing by the time we got it.

Still, I would definitely go again. It's a very nice place for the price, and all the staff were outstandingly friendly.

Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed February 21, 2012

First time there for my spouse and me. We were extremely pleased with the quality of our room. Comfy king bed, desk area, sitting area, microwave, fridge, minibar, largest bathroom ever, beautiful decor, very clean, nice view of the pier / ocean. The restaurant (we only had breakfast) was excellent in terms of quality of food and service, as well as ambience.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view.
Hawley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My husband and I just celebrated our 30th Anniversary at this a wonderful resort and spa.
This entire property is so inviting and the staff is wonderful. We had a beautiful room with a fireplace and a great view of the water. We had to call to have the fireplace lit - which at first I was concerned about, but honestly, they responded so quickly, it was not a problem. The food at Fresh Salt was amazing - and I was even talked into trying oysters for the first time! I guess it you are going to try something new you should start with the best. I spent some time enjoying the spa - my massage and facial were great! Again - the staff was so helpful and accommodating. The town also has a lot to offer with quaint shops and restaurants. We will definately return to enoy this property again.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room that overlooks the water - the view is so beautiful.
Prospect, Connecticut
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We went with another couple and were greeted by a very friendly staff. Bob took us to our rooms and explained all the guest services. Great representive of the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa! The roooms were spacious and very clean. The bar was very nice and the restaurant was great also.
The only negative was that in the hall only, not in the rooms, there was a chlorine smell.
The TravelZoo deal was terrific and we highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ira K
Copiague, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I planned a last minute retreat for myself and my sister (she was dealing with a health crisis) that was much needed. I found a great deal on TravelZoo, so we were off to CT for the weekend. OOOOOMMMMMGGGG!! To say that THIS was the perfect place for what she needed, what I needed, is a complete understatement! From the moment we arrived, every staff member was completely professional and genuinely courteous. We had fire logs delivered to the room several times that weekend, just so we could enjoy the peace and quiet (sans spouses and children) and renew our spirits. We relaxed by the pool, took a dip in the hot tub, all the while completely enveloped in warmth. We ordered room service for breakfast from the on site restaurant, Fresh Salt. The food was well presented, plentiful and delicious. Kudos to this amazing inn and spa for all that you do! Thank you soooo much to the reservations department and their manager, Betty (you really took care of us). We left there with a peace that goes beyond human understanding......and we will return, again and again!!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a sister or best friend, I would recommend a double queen with fireplace...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook
The Whaler's Inn
The Whaler's Inn
#2 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!